Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (demo)

Demo is currently available to PSN+ users.

Firstly, it looks great. The lightening flashes lighting up the dark bits with shadows casting. The rain etc.

However, from what I've played, I don't feel the Castlevania in it. Maybe the full game will have... no, I bet it won't. It's another game in the God of War/Devil May Cry combat mechanic mould.

I'll lookout for reviews before pre-ordering this one.

Just got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles of the US PSN store, now that's Castlevania. Wading my way through to unlock SOTN.

I'm not going to bother with the demo, however GoW with Castlevania polish is pretty much me confirmed in.

Comment

I'm a bit confused about this one, previews I've read have been incredibly positive going as far to say it is a real GOTY contender, however every demo impression seems to be negative. I believe the demo section is from the start of the game, so perhaps it opens up a lot more as you progress.

Out in a few weeks though so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

It looks great, but doesn't do anything new. I would like it to resemble the Castlevania games on the DS and SOTN in terms of exploration/back tracking in a Metroid style, but I think it will be a weak GoW type game. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

How big is the DL? I can't wait to try this...

Comment

About 1.5GB if I remember correctly.

Comment

I thought the demo was fine but as has been mentioned, it does feel like God of War but not as good. It doesn't just feel like God of War but it feels like they actually want it to be God of War.

It's only a demo so of course it's limited but the only thing that really suggests Castlevania to me is the name on the title screen.

Even if it ends up being just another God of War that's not necessarily a bad thing although I would prefer that it tried to be something different. I think I may still be tempted to pick it up if it was just that but I'd probably wait a week or two for the price drop.

Comment

I read somewhere you cant move the camera, is this true?

Comment

It's true.

Comment

Static camera is fine if it's handled well, it's one of the GoWs strengths and of course allows the right stick to be used for dodge/roll moves (Although apparently this requires a modifier for some reason?).

Comment

I just hope I will be able to find chicken in the walls of this game and I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        Just got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles of the US PSN store, now that's Castlevania. Wading my way through to unlock SOTN.
                        Arg - is this available on the UK store?

I want SOMETHING to play on my Go. Something I like.

Something like SotN.

Sorry for the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          Arg - is this available on the UK store?

I want SOMETHING to play on my Go. Something I like.

Something like SotN.

Sorry for the OT.
                          I'm afraid not. The greatest thing I've done (this week) was to start buying from the US store.

Sorry to go OT...

If you would like to see the plethora of titles available for you Go on the US store, just create a US PSN account (for free - tutorials on this forum or allover the net), then sign-in MediaGo using your US account.

I recently got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, which is great by the way, for a tenner (bought a PSN card from ebay in which the sellers kindly email you the redeem code).

The game has SOTN built in for you to unlock (see below).

I highly recommend going US. You can switch to your UK account for other stuff too.

Again, sorry for going OT.
                          Last edited by hudson; 23-09-2010, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                            I'm afraid not. The greatest thing I've done (this week) was buy from the US store. Something I've only just done this week.

Sorry to go OT...

If you would like to see the plethora of titles available for you Go on the US store, just create a US PSN account (for free - tutorials on this forum or allover the net), then sign-in MediaGo using your US account.

I recently got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, which is great by the way, for a tenner (bought a PSN card from ebay in which the sellers kindly email you the redeem code).

The game has SOTN built in for you to unlock (see below).

I highly recommend going US. You can switch to your UK account for other stuff too.

Again, sorry for going OT.
                            Awesome.

Thanks Hoolak. I dabbled with this when I first got the Go and got a bit confused by all the account switching.

I don't have Media Go but I seem to recall I just switched the accounts on the Go and it was fine.

Why on Earth is the US store SO SO much better. What a shambles SCEE are sometimes.

Comment

Yeah SCEE need to pull their finger out. The account switching can be a little faffy, but to be honest, I don't mind. This week I've been playing PSP over everything else. Phantasy Star Portable 2, these Castlevanias and Parappa the Rapper. All on US store.

Comment

Working...
                              X