Arcana:Gothic 4 xbox 360 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcana:Gothic 4 xbox 360 demo

first thing to strike me was the graphics do not seem right...quite pixelly and some weird random popups with grass appearing and disapearing

graphics for the people are average....voice acting is not that great

had a few camera problems while in the cave

combat was always the problem with in previous gothic games ...its alot better here but quite basic hopefully in the full game will be more indepth

all in all i thought it was ok nothing special ....however have a feeling it may appeal to my looting nature but i really really hope the full game is polished up a bit and offers more depth

I tried it, but the frame rate is poor, maybe 20fps? I also encountered a number of bugs which made it so I couldnt actually attack. The voice acting is also bad. It does look kind of ok though.

Comment

- Framerate is rotten - everything has a weird drag-blur that makes me feel like I'm pissed.
      - The voiceacting is hideous.
      - The controls are a tad clunky.
      - The world isn't massively interactive.
      - My character kept getting stuck in scenery.
      - The combat is ponderous and clumsy.
      - Animations are odd.

Yet, I really enjoyed it. Why?

- The art style is so cliched, yet I love it. It's rather lush and quite detailed, despite the framerate and fade in/outs.
      - Many of the textures are neat.
      - There's a level of flexibility I like. Killing sheep the second time I played it, one of the characters reflected the fact that I did this.
      - Loot, loot, loot!
      - Voiceacting is funny ****.
      - Everything is quite sedate.
      - Menu shizzles are easy for me to navigate - no endless screens of tedium. Though many will see this as a fault.

Also, there's a character called Knut. I always read it wrong, and lol.

I must be going insane. I really feel like I could growing into this game and enjoy it a lot. It reminds me a bit of a Third person Sacred 2.
      Last edited by prinnysquad; 25-09-2010, 13:41.

Comment

Haha, I'm sure there's a bit where the orc guy says, 'I want you to bring me five blue toadstools', yet the subtitles say six. This is tremendous!

Comment

I got this demo too. Graphically thought it looked like an older PC game... Awful voice acting, but I quite enjoy that so not a problem. Ran along, hooked a sheep to death with my shepherd stick, ran to town, hooked some chickens, encountered more bad voice acting, turned off.

Total play time about 5 minutes (if that!).

Comment

Thats the problem with all these european rpgs on consoles, the ports have always been way subpar and it doesn't help matters that their pc versions are buggy as hell too. The only exception i can think of is Sacred 2.

Comment

I really liked it up until you start meeting all the mages and paladins etc underground, i thought it threw everything at you to fast at that stage and the magic was useless really and suddenly it became a boring hack n slash.

Comment

I played the PC demo. Compared to some of the other Gothic games Gothic 4 is positively AAA polished judging by the demo I think I will enjoy playing this, won't be a 'day 1' but it will be on my wishlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun View Post
                  I played the PC demo. Compared to some of the other Gothic games Gothic 4 is positively AAA polished judging by the demo I think I will enjoy playing this, won't be a 'day 1' but it will be on my wishlist.
                  Is the demo up on steam I'm away from my pc at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Is the demo up on steam I'm away from my pc at the mo.
                    I couldnt see it there, I got it from Gamershell

edit: Btw, 360 gamepads work with the game but there is NO mention of it anywhere in the option menus and the buttons still have keyboard letters.

Heres what I figured out

Left Trigger - Lock on
                    Right Trigger - Draw bow
                    X - Attack
                    A - Accepted, Hold down to Sheath weapons
                    B - Cancel, Jump
                    Y - Block, Roll if pushing a direction
                    D pad - items
                    Start - Radial menu
                    Left bumper - Didnt seem to do anything
                    Right bumper - Equip magic, Use magic.
                    L3 - Stealth
                    Last edited by Orgun; 26-09-2010, 22:43.

Comment

Loving this. A complete no-brainer RPG amidst a genre crowded by ramifications and overly-complex law systems. Just bash, loot rinse repeat. Beautiful world to do it in too.

Comment

Working...
                      X