Force Unleashed 2 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force Unleashed 2 demo

Just played this on the PS3. Feels very similar to the first which i expected, the graphics do seem a hell of a lot nicer to me especially the scene where you jump out of the window at the start it all looked very filmic.

I'm hoping that the upgrade system gives you a few more different things this time around as a lot of the attacks i was doing like combining force push with the lightsaber attacks were pretty much like the first one but i suppose that is to be expected since he is a clone ._. The trick of the mind was quite good to use its always cool to see storm troopers throwing themselves off of high edges

Will deffo be picking it up just to see more of the Episode 3 - 4 story bridged and hopefully no irritating star destroyer level this time

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (with GAME Exclusive Preorder Bonus) (Xbox 360)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (with GAME Exclusive Preorder Bonus) (PS3)
    Last edited by charlesr; 15-10-2010, 11:33.

I really enjoyed the demo too, the combat seemed a helluva alot better. Chopping up Stormtroopers has never been so much fun.

Comment

Is there more weight to the movement? I'm getting this regardless, but I'd love it to feel less like ice skating!

Comment

Played this and it's definately improved visuals wise. I might be wrong but I get the vibe I already know what 'the twist' is story wise. He feels pretty much like the 1st game to control and the levels play out the same. In some ways they seem to have made decent improvements but in others played it safe. More of the same really, which isn't a bad thing.

Comment

5/10 from Eurogamer.

Whatever went down behind the scenes, the result is a game that sometimes resembles a flavorless tech demo for The Force Unleashed ? not a worthy successor. While there are certainly pleasures to be had in The Force Unleashed II, they come off as the dregs of a concept that has run its course. The series was bound to exhaust itself someday, but the fact that it happened this early is a brutal disappointment. 5/10
          Say this for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: there is no pull-the-Star-Destroyer-out-of-the-sky moment. The original…

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
            To be honest Eurogamer's reviews have been rubbish of late, they've started to look like their taking back handers.

What I've played of Force 2 has been much better than the first game so long as you ignore the terrible story that is the plot for both games. Much faster and smoother to control and now you can chop limbs as well, only real concern is that the lenght of the game suggests it is very short.

Comment

You'd be surprised at how few publishers will offer back handers for a poor review.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                You'd be surprised at how few publishers will offer back handers for a poor review.
                Lol maybe the backhander wasnt enough "its ok Mr Lucas were guaranteed a good review I gave him 10 euros"

Comment

It has 65 on metacritic, so it's not just EG being down on it.

Comment

Gametrailers didn't really give it much praise either...

Comment

I've got the full version (360) - playing through it as we speak. It's not a bad game at all, but at the same time it feels very similar - more of the same - as if nothing has really changed if that makes sense?! Some great set pieces like the first one had, just feels like it's missing something.

Also (not the only one according to some of the boards I've read) I'm having this annoying issue with the game where it keeps 'stuttering' for want of a better word - like it's loading in all the time - mainly when it's getting hectic but it's quite off putting. The demo didn't do this, but the full game seems too. It's not my machine either as that's barely two months old, and the game is installed on my HDD so it's not a disc loading thing either. It's just most odd, and kind of annoying!

If memory serves wasn't there this kind of 'stuttering' issues with another game way back when? Crackdown I think?!

Comment

Alot of ppl have the same sentiments looking at other reviews. Might get this after a big price drop/

Comment

I thought that the story was very weak compared the the first game. Also not as many memorable set pieces either.
                          When I got to what turned out to be the end I was so disappointed. Thought I was only 1/2 through, but it was the end.
                          I personally enjoyed the first game alot more.

Comment

I finished this last night on normal, I found it to be very short, easy and lacking a decent story. It feels more like Force Unleashed 1.5 than Force Unleashed II which is a shame I was really looking forward to this. I wouldn't recommend buying it at full price I'd wait till it gets dropped in price to ?17-?20.

Comment

Short, easy and poor story. Seems exactly the opposite of the first game, which is weird.

Definitely picking it up when the price comes down though.

Comment

Working...
                              X