No announcement yet.

Costume Quest (XBLA, PSN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, I played the demo, and it's the first Double Fine game I probably won't buy.

Agree totally with Number45 about the audio being "empty" and for me this is the reason. Double Fine have never produced a title that's had knockout-brilliant gameplay. Their strong points have always been the characters, humour and world. All of those three points don't come through as well without any voice acting.

Comment

The humour is still there in places, but it definitely loses some charm without the audio to back it up.

A quick question for those that have completed it 100%. I've just beaten

Dorsilla

and I have a portal to warp through - I'm still missing three Battle Stamps (First, second and fourth on the bottom row) but as far as I can tell I've done/bought everything I can. Will I get those after the warp or have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        The humour is still there in places, but it definitely loses some charm without the audio to back it up.

A quick question for those that have completed it 100%. I've just beaten

Dorsilla

and I have a portal to warp through - I'm still missing three Battle Stamps (First, second and fourth on the bottom row) but as far as I can tell I've done/bought everything I can. Will I get those after the warp or have I missed something?

have you done all three bobbing for apples stages in each world, you get a stamp for beating each one

Comment

Yeah, completed all of those. If there's nothing through that portal I must have missed some(three)thing(s), I'll retrace my steps later. Ta.

Comment

OK, turns out Sadie had restocked.

All done now. A charming game that's amusing in places, although for me as I said it's really undone by a sparse aural offering. Good, not great by any means.

Comment

I was surprised how much I got hooked into this in the demo. When I saw it I thought "ugh halloween 3D filler zzz and for 1200 points as well the cheek!"... but I ended up buying it the first time it asks you

I've not finished it yet cos I bought a Wii but I've loved every minute so far. I expect to read text in RPGs and was happy the characters had a lot of conversations while just wandering around. Didn't notice a lack of music I tend to turn it off in games anyway.

A light RPG set in the real world, they've come closest to what I'd like to make myself. Hope I get the chance to finish it without forgetting what I was doing.

Comment

I didn't mind the demo but wasn't knocked for six so left this alone but after getting a while back via PSN+ I finally started it up and made it through a massive chunk of it without batting an eyelid. It's a lovely, charming little game and might actually overtake Stacking for me for how I consider the Double Fine D/L games. Loving it.

Comment

From what I can tell I'm right before the finale now, almost every enemy and quest is complete too. Massively, massively worth the price tag

Comment

Working...
                  X