Vanquish [PS3/Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
    Au contraire. There's a bit near the monorail where you're pinned down by a long row of robots behind cover, with snipers on top of trucks. Now, at first I thought: take cover myself and slowly take them down.

Then I noticed the truck on the right had an opening between its wheels, very low. Aha I thought!
    Will give that a go

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Presuming you mean the big bosses with the glowing joints, there are multiple ways to kill them, you never have to shoot the joints if you dont want.
    For realz, I thought you had to take its legs out so it would open up its core for some more shootenz. Whats the method/s?
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 28-10-2010, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      For realz, I thought you had to take its legs out so it would open up its core for some more shootenz. Whats the method/s?

There are a few ways, for instance

If you shoot its head you will get a quicktime event type moment where you will literaly knock its head off in one of a few different ways, there are other places to soot it toofor different things to happen

Also, I havent actualy tried this but I think I read you can

Punch its big misiles back at it like in Veiwtiful Joe?

though I'm not sure about that, but you can deffinitley blow enemies up with their own misiles if you time it right.

There are lots of things to do to it though, I killed them all a different way really. Which was good becuase by the fourth one they were feeling a bit overused.
      Last edited by rmoxon; 28-10-2010, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        Also, I havent actualy tried this but I think I read you can

Punch its big misiles back at it like in Veiwtiful Joe?

though I'm not sure about that.
        Don't you dare utter HIS name in this thread!

Seriously though, that's not possible in this game, oh that it was! At least you can do it in a QTE, you seem to be able to do lots in QTEs...in game its all about the shooting. Which is fine as its a shooter n' all...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          Don't you dare utter HIS name in this thread!

Seriously though, that's not possible in this game, oh that it was! At least you can do it in a QTE, you seem to be able to do lots in QTEs...in game its all about the shooting. Which is fine as its a shooter n' all...

Yeah maybe not, I dont know, but as I said you can deffinitley kill enemies with their own misiles, so theoreticaly you can damage it by meleeing one of its own rockets thats next to its legs.....

Ok yeaa I'm getting a bit silly now, but anyway, my point was that there is plenty of ways to kill them really so i guess it counts...

Comment

I know you can

blow up enemy projectiles for achievements

- whether you get points for it or not or if their explosions harm enemies I can't tell. I find the huge score reel at the end of each section baffling! Why not just say YOU ROCK or YOU SUCK or something? Is it because the Japanese think American's are hardcore into sports statistics, which they are I guess..?

Comment

The satisitics do nothing for me, even a rank telling me I rock (or not) wouldnt do much for me. I have already said on here I dont see the point in the score at all really, it kind of spoiled the first half of the game as I was constantly looking at it trying to figure out how it worked.

Eventualy though i just gave up and ignored it, its probabaly a nice thing to have up if youre going on a score attack run or somthing, but you should be able to turn it off (unless you can? thinking about it I havent even looked, though i guess it would pop up at the end of the level anyway), its pointless if you just want to finish the game and seeing that you have died alot and its lowered your score is disheartening really.

Comment

You can also shoot your own nade while its still airborne. Lob nade, jump over wall, slo mo, shoot nade above enemies. I call stylish.

The last battle is insane too, especially the part when

Elena remove your limiter which doubles your speed and gives you infinite melee etc, that was SICK.

Comment

if seeing your score in a score attack game is offputting, you can switch it of via options screen.

Comment

Ok i bought this last night
                    the first thing to say it looks so good and the sound it top draw
                    Am playing this on hard for some reason and man the first boss is kicking my ass i get so far then wham i'm brown bread think i have dead about 10 time so far on that boss but i will beat it damn you

Comment

Good luck hush , cause it dont get easier from there, best game i've played in a long time.

Comment

Thanks for the wish of luck
                        man

the end boss after the lift is killing man i know what i have to do but man its not easy

i found upto there ok abit hard in places but i think that was down to me not being in the right place to have cover. Still a fun game
                        i think this may make it into my Top 10 GOTY list

Comment

Someone mentioned Shinji Mikami on the monorail earlier - has anyone actually had him in their squad yet?

He helped me yesterday as we stormed the enormous crab boss for me to break inside it. Man, the guy really held his own as we battled our along those walkways.

Was going to take a photo of him with his name "S. Mikami" being displayed, but didn't dare risk taking my hands off the controller. It was epic.

Comment

Yeah, he's fairly invincible.

Comment

This is badical so far.

Comment

yeah beat that damn boss last night but i did have to move the setting down from hard what i didn't know, he was the last thing i fought before moving on to act 2 but as i type this i'm on act 2-3 and having alot more fun with the setting moved down

Comment

Working...
                                X