Vanquish [PS3/Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
    I got this for Christmas and although I'm pretty crap at it I'm having a lot of fun. Just started the third act and I'm starting to get into the groove of it now. At first it was very in your face and overwhelming, but you get a feel for it.
    Me too, awesome game.

Comment

Finished this last night, and it was a pleasure from start to finish. It know's it's a videogame and it was all the better for it. No ideas above it's station and an emphisis on fun and technique.

Gears of War wishes it was half as good as this.

Comment

I have almost completed this (currently 49/50 achievements) I can't complete Tactical Challenge 6! Has anyone successfully completed this challenge? Any tips? I love this game, but this has been so frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
          I have almost completed this (currently 49/50 achievements) I can't complete Tactical Challenge 6! Has anyone successfully completed this challenge? Any tips? I love this game, but this has been so frustrating!
          Slowly making my way through the tactical challenges so can't offer any advice for no.6, but I can show you this video of said challenge being rinsed by an absolute ninja of a player:

Love, love, love this game. Game of the Generation so far

Comment

Hell's teeth that guy's good, I can't get past the third part of the TC1!

Picked up a few tips though, use the shotgun more and get up close to the ED-209 type's.

& yep, really cracking game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
              Hell's teeth that guy's good, I can't get past the third part of the TC1!

Picked up a few tips though, use the shotgun more and get up close to the ED-209 type's.

& yep, really cracking game.
              This game reminds me of the good old days, when I actually FINISHED my games

Comment

whoever is responsible for the 5.1 audio mix needs to be fired. gun sound is barely audible and the center speaker seems to be reserved for team chatter only (360 version).

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  Gears of War wishes it was half as good as this.
                  Amen. This is the thing - I quite liked Gears' campaigns, but even when you're hardly ever using bullet time, Vanquish is still flat out more fun just played as a third-person cover shooter. The set pieces, the scale, the chaos everywhere, the production values... in some ways slo-mo is merely gravy.

Comment

I'm on my third playthrough straight, haven't touched anything else since getting it at Christmas apart from a little Time Crisis and Initial D.

Easily my best game of this gen, can't for the life of me crack any of the special missions.

We could do with a high score thread for this.

Comment

I recently bought this after seeing it go to a very very low £11.50.

I'm on the second act. Being a Mikami project, I did think it was going to be absolute nuts and require crazy pad skills, but is this game based more around not dying and time to get the high scores, therefore not necessarily being quite as tough as Bayonetta? And is the emphasis on using cover as much as possible to help achieve better scores?

Enjoying it thoroughly though. It is mindless but it is very very fun at the same time. Can't play it for too long a stretch as it just canes my hand after a mini-boss/boss section.

Comment

Regarding the after game missions/survival acts, which would people say is the easiest? I tried a few, but after several waves I was out of health and ammo and psychologically crushed when more warped in.

Advice?

Comment

Hehe I hear your pain!

Would imagine 1 is the easiest but I can't quite get there.

For the first one I sort of know how to do it, it's just doing a flawless performance;

First wave
                          Get over to the left hand side to the container near where all the soldiers are appearing. EMP/Grenade then repeat should take out most of them.

Second wave
                          In that area one of the three big mechs appears, take out with a shotty at close range. The other two can be done similar or shoot from a distance, you can take them out in one hit if you hit the cruise missile they launch while it's near their body.

Third wave
                          Hit the packs on the mechs backs and they explode fairly easily.

Fourth wave
                          Shoot the soldiers on those walker thingies with the domed front, you can then climb aboard and shoot the other enemies.

Fifth wave
                          Not sure if this is the final or not, if not use one of the other walker mechs to take out the enemies.
                          If it is then as above but you'll have that purple guy as the boss to deal with. That's were I'm up to, I just never quite finish him off.

Think one of the key's to success is implementing the slo-mo mode.

I'm sure others may have a better plan than mine....but that's all I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
                            And is the emphasis on using cover as much as possible to help achieve better scores?
                            I was under the impression you lose points the longer you spend in cover.

Not sure what you mean by mindless, either. It's not as tricky as Bayonetta, no, but rush in and button-mash, you won't end up with much of a score.

Comment

finished this after merely 6 hours and i am wondering if there's any replay value at all? maybe in terms of DLC to come?

i really liked the game and would love to play some more but just going through another difficulty without even being able to keep my weapon upgrades just doesn't excite me.

Comment

How does one lose a weapon upgrade? When playing the game, some of my fully upgraded weapons would go down a notch. Didn't seem to be because of dying? Was really annoying, as I had mentally set aside any finished weapons to focus on the other ones, and then I have to "fix" the one I already upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                                X