Vanquish [PS3/Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uli View Post
    finished this after merely 6 hours and i am wondering if there's any replay value at all? maybe in terms of DLC to come?
    High scores.
    Don't like playing for high scores? then move on, sell/ trade, whatever.

Personally I've had 10+ playthroughs of this and loved it. Just finding different setups, trying different things and just styling on those Reds & Romanovs.

The only DLC available is the tri-weapons pack. Only really useful gun there is the pistol.

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
    How does one lose a weapon upgrade?...
    As far as I know, the only way to lose weapons rank is to die with that particular weapon equipped. If you've experienced weapons rank loss a different way, then I'm stumped.

Comment

Currently playing through this. Love the sheer hectic nature of the game coupled with the cover system. Just killed the

2 massive robots in the airport

and glad I am playing it on hard as anything less wouldn't bring the skills out.

I am abusing the weapons upgrade system a bit. If I know there are 2 of the same type of weapon on 1 stages I'll pick 1 up then go and grab the other, therefore upgrading it. Then I'll go back and grab my original weapon. Boosting around makes fast work of this process.

Comment

^ That's not 'abusing' PressStartToBegin, that's intelligent play. Damn, now I want to go and give this another playthru...

Comment

And now I want to continue my game...lets do this!

Comment

I've been tempted to go back to this on hard recently as well...

Comment

Yup, my Game of the Year 2010 & 2011

Such a great action title.
              As I mentioned many posts ago... 3rd person shooters feel so tame after Vanquish. Without wanting to open the can of [insert whatever], I felt so bored playing Gears 3 last year...

Need boost.

Comment

My favourite game of this generation, ever so slightly ahead of Bayonetta. I haven't attempted God-hard mode yet, I think that could well be my time-sink next week when I am off work.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                  My favourite game of this generation, ever so slightly ahead of Bayonetta. I haven't attempted God-hard mode yet, I think that could well be my time-sink next week when I am off work.
                  Yep mine too though some distance away from GT5 which is my second (as an aside Bayonetta's way at the bottom for me!)

Might have to spark this up and try and get through all the special missions. Cracking, cracking game.

Vanquish 2 please!

Comment

Just finished this last night on Hard. Finished ranked 9002, not quite at Jimtendo's 1090 (ish) but it was only my first play through! Struggled a bit on the
                    boss fight with the jet pack soldiers but other then that I thought it was perfectly balanced. I have no idea what the cigarettes are for though? at first I thought it was to reduce cool down time but now I have no idea.

The demo does not do this game justice. There are so many well designed stages and set pieces which offer a variety of game play such as close quarters, sniper sections, enclosed area boss fights, on rails sections etc and they are all joy to play through. Platinum have fuses the 3rd person gun play of western games with the intense, deep game play and stylistic nature of Japanese games (or a platinum made game should I say). There has been many games I have played this year (counting 2011) that I have enjoyed but none have been as fun to play as Vanquish.

I haven't attempted any of the challenges yet so that will be tonight's gaming task.

Oh yeah, the best Melee attack of recent memory goes to the 'charge up shotgun pimp slap!'

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                      ... I have no idea what the cigarettes are for though? at first I thought it was to reduce cool down time but now I have no idea...
                      The cigarettes are x3 use every chapter, and they give you an opportunity to deflect fire away from yourself for a tiny moment. Usually use when you've overheated.

But yeah, this game is has no downtime at all, which is great. Hardly any duff sections, and just keeps on with the adrenaline rush.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                        I haven't attempted any of the challenges yet so that will be tonight's gaming task.
                        Best of luck with those. I fancied myself as half-decent at the game 'til I tried the challenges. They're solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          Best of luck with those. I fancied myself as half-decent at the game 'til I tried the challenges. They're solid.
                          Challenge 6 is the only one I haven't completed I'm still on 950/1000G....

Comment

There are still some annoying achievements I have yet to unlock let alone the challenge maps. Sniping all the baddies in that slow section (one always gets away and I don't have the clear angle of shot), distracting enemies with cigs (tbh I haven't tried this but I know I will struggle) and killing X number of people with one shot from that multiple-shot-thing-gun (I dunno the name) as I never use the gun and I assume it has to be a levelled up version.
                            Am I right in thinking there is no achievement for the God Hard mode?

Comment

No, there's no achievement for beating God Hard mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                                Challenge 6 is the only one I haven't completed I'm still on 950/1000G....
                                That's pretty impressive, but probably means not having 1000G is even more annoying. I only beat Challenge 1 and that was a struggle.

Comment

Working...
                                X