DJ Hero 2 [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Hero 2 [PS3/360]

I bought this in the Tesco fiasco hoping for the party pack, but I'm actually really pleased with just the game on its own. I think its terrific. It feels like a real sequel and they've added loads since the first game and sorted out its main problems.

First, they've stopped trying to appeal to Guitar Hero fans. Guitar support is dropped and there are hardly any rock tracks in this time. This might split opinions, but personally I think the game is much better concentrating on other genres of music.

Second, the freestyle sections are superb and give you loads of control over the mix. There are freestyle scratching, samples (which are in keeping with the songs this time and not just random out place noises) and best of all, freestyle mixing sections which really do give you full control over the mix. Creating an great sounding mix in these sections is fantastic, and the game grades you on your freestyle performance,

Third, there are non-stop mixes in this game which are the best thing ever. Imo this has the best opening of any rhythmn action game yet. Spoilered, because everyone should play it fresh:

It starts with Jungle Boogie mixed with The Message which sounds great on its own, but a few minutes into the mix in brings in Snow's Informer seamlessly, then The Jackson Five's ABC, followed by Groove is in the Heart and Le Freak. It lasts about ten minutes and is simply joyful.

Initial impressions are I'm blown away. Can't wait to get spinning the decks again this evening.

PS3 version
    360 version
    Last edited by charlesr; 28-10-2010, 10:47.

Kind of irritating how it seems the game is still "DJs = hip hop" when over here "DJs = dance music". You'd think they'd at least try and compromise.

Was kinda disappointed at how few samples there were in the first game too.

Comment

There seems to be a lot less hip-hop than last time. Mix wise, I can see why they have concentrated on the hip-hop style of DJing (mashing tracks together and scratching) as opposed to the typical European club DJ, whose skill is much more subtle and probably wouldn't be as fun to play.

Comment

I couldn't agree more about the first set list, it blew me away.

The rest of the game is absolutely awesome too including an insane mix of Welcome To Jamrock and Twist Em Out.

Anyone on the fence about this, take a chance.

Comment

I haven't got to that mix yet - can't wait!

So far this game feels like it's been crafted by a team with a hige passion for the music and their game, plus an understanding of what a sequel is all about. I hope this becomes a big success for them.

Comment

This game is good, the improvements made have a massive effect on the way that the game plays and i loved the first one.
            Now the music in this one has a far broader appeal than the first i feel, and this can be seen as good or bad depending on your musical taste. Myself i prefer the styles of the first one as i prefer the more hip hop orientated soundtrack.
            The online is better, challenges can be sent between friends (add me in for challenges, gamertag xx Destrukt xx)
            The first megamix is absolutely outstanding though and as mentioned earlier should not be spoiled, planet rock vs push it is also a belter (in my opinion)
            highly recommended.

Comment

Is there just a pure singing mode or freestyle mics?

Comment

the singing is far more karoke rather than anything else, but even that is fun.

Comment

Anyone else with this on PS3, feel free to add me.. P-Dogg.

Comment

For the singing can you use the lips wireless mics?

Comment

Loving this!

Played the first couple of sets today and the first is truly amazing. I was grinning so much, brilliant.

I like the more minimal styling of this over it's prequel too. Doesn't hurt my eyes so much in the menus.

A good few weeks for music games.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        For the singing can you use the lips wireless mics?
                        Yeah they work fine. Singing isn't as difficult as I thought it would, although it helps to know the songs well.

Comment

is the controller in this any different to the original dj hero? I've seen the first game going cheap, so I could pick it up and a disc of the second game, or I could just grab the full pack of dj hero 2

Comment

there is no difference between the decks at all.
                            so picking up the first game cheap with turntable and then buying the second one solus is the way to go.

Comment

Are you able to do free play yet in this game? As in you can just select a track & then play as i hated having to make a set list just to play songs like in the first game.

Comment

Working...
                              X