X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmoxon
    replied
    Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Well the first time I played the Castlevania demo I didn't like it. Gave it another go and enjoyed it the second time.

The only people who hate things for the sake of it are PES fanboys!
    The Castlevania demo was rubbish though, Im not suprised the game didnt sell very well (at least I dont think it sold well). Not that I loved the game or anything but it was alot better than the demo showed it to be.

I try not to put too much faith in demos anyway, I usualy know wether I want a game or not before I play a demo of it and they rarely (if ever) change my mind. You get a better impression from watching videos of the game online than you do from playing a 5 minute demo most of the time really.

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    Well the first time I played the Castlevania demo I didn't like it. Gave it another go and enjoyed it the second time.

The only people who hate things for the sake of it are PES fanboys!

Leave a comment:

• rmoxon
    replied
    Suspicious in what way?

For the record, I didn't get on at all with Resi 4 a few years ago. Then last year I had a friend come work with me full time and he went on about Resi 4 so much I just had to play it. I loved it in the end.

It happens.
    Well maybe I'm wrong, and Im not saying it about everyone who didnt like the demo, but I just got the impression that some people just didnt want to like it thats all, but then realised that they may have missed out on a potentialy good game by being that way.

I personaly dont really understand how you can hate somthing and then go back to it and love it, but I guess thats just me.

Ocasionaly we are in bad moods or whatever when we try things I suppose and that may effect the impression somthing leaves on us, but quite a few people said they hated the demo for this and now it seems like every single one of them has either changed their mind or wants to give it another go, its just odd really.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 15:47.

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    Suspicious in what way?

For the record, I didn't get on at all with Resi 4 a few years ago. Then last year I had a friend come work with me full time and he went on about Resi 4 so much I just had to play it. I loved it in the end.

It happens.

Leave a comment:

• rmoxon
    replied
    It felt nothing like Burnout to me and I am glad it didn't but it didn't feel great. Burnout handles well within its own style.

Also Rmoxon you say you are finding it funny because people are listening to others and trying to give the game a second chance. Why is that funny?
    Its funny becuase people seemed detirmed to hate it for no aparent reason and they said they didnt like it at all, thought it was absolubte garbage, but then a few comments saying its good makes them want to try this "garbage" again.

Personaly if I hate somthing to the point that I think its as **** as people on here have said, im not going to try it again just becuase a few people say they like it, If somthing seemed so bad first time around I must have thought quite alot about why that was, so trying it again wont change my mind.

It just all seems very suspisious to me.

Anyway I still maintain that the cars handle like the ones in Burnout, it has has the same kind of feel, pretty much the same mechanics and it does seem very much like Need For Speed: Burnout to me.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 15:14.

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    It felt nothing like Burnout to me and I am glad it didn't but it didn't feel great. Burnout handles well within its own style.

Also Rmoxon you say you are finding it funny because people are listening to others and trying to give the game a second chance. Why is that funny?

Leave a comment:

• PeteJ
    replied
    It handles nothing like Burnout. I also love Burnout which is why I had high expectations for this, why anyone would want to hate this I do not know.

It has nothing to do with giving it a second chance now that "people have played it with an open mind". I was trying to play it again because when I first tried it half the demo didn't even work!

Leave a comment:

• rmoxon
    replied
    How exactly did it handle like ****?

It basicaly handles like Burnout games handle. So unless you think burnout handles **** you cant relaly think this handles like ****.

And if you think burnout handles badly then you dont know what you are on about becuase Burnout is awesome... and as Ive said, this plays like Burnout .

Lots of hate for this with no real reasoning behind it at all.

Wasnt the greatest demo ever (which is probabaly why its been "deactiveated") but you can still tell the game plays well from it if you havent got a stick up your bum about it.

I actualy find it funny that people are giving it a second chance now some people have actualy played it with an open mind and said they enjoyed it, though that means it was actualy a bad idea for EA to pull it, as that just gives them more reason to dump hate on it again.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 11:33.

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    Agreed Pete, I found it rather dull but went to have another go and couldn't. EA are a joke. I put on the PS2 Hot Pursuit game and that is still superb to play, especially on extreme handling.

Leave a comment:

• PeteJ
    replied
    Tried the play the demo again only to find it was no longer 'active'. Awful demo just became even more awful!

You get to see how it plays and feel how it handles, I really don't understand the hate this demo has been getting. :/
    That was the problem, it handled like **** in my opinion. Unless someone can exlpain why the full game is so much better than the demo then I will be passing.

Leave a comment:

• TheForce
    replied
    yep, that could be quite interesting !

I really hope a lot of people on my friends list will get this game !!

Leave a comment:

• Number45
    replied
    I think we should have some cross platform time trial action on this.

Leave a comment:

• TheForce
    replied
    I got it pre ordered and can´t wait to get my hands on this , I'm ready for some online FUN arcade racing !!

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
    This game does look like fun imo.

It does have Free roaming which I hate (because you'll get these terrible track layouts), but its luckily not for the career and races so its all good. EA demo's say it all. You guys should try MMA full game, its far better than the demo was.

Problem is GT5. I've kind of started to believe it will hit stores this month. For me no use in buying NFS when GT is around, probably.

My problem right there. To many good games not enough money or time.

Leave a comment:

• saturn-gamer
    replied
    This game does look like fun imo.

It does have Free roaming which I hate (because you'll get these terrible track layouts), but its luckily not for the career and races so its all good. EA demo's say it all. You guys should try MMA full game, its far better than the demo was.

Problem is GT5. I've kind of started to believe it will hit stores this month. For me no use in buying NFS when GT is around, probably.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X