X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by kernow View Post
    It still amazes me just how many NFS games there are, and what small percentage are actually good
    I agree. One thing I noticed about the old NFS games, certainly on the PS1 is the fact the course design is awful. For so much of the time there are no consecutive corners, it was always left-right-left-right and so on.

Here is a fair example.

This is an old need for speed, and personally my favorite.This race was not the best run, but what was unusual during this race is the fact that I was consta...

Leave a comment:

• Neon Ignition
    replied
    Maybe it's a ploy by Criterion to sabotage NFS and make Burnout EA's go to racer series

Leave a comment:

• merf
    replied
    I've given this a fair try now, both events and its just plain dull, and with the cars in a the demo a bit slow.

The AI seems the worst kind of cheaty rubbish too, in the race if you crash they all sit in a group and wait for you then when you catch up somebody in the smae car as you will pull away or fly by whilst you're boosting at top speed, then they all seem to become retards about a mile from the finish line and hand you the win.

Its not terrible by any means but I expected a lot more from Criterion, if it had been released 3 years ago maybe would have been excited but to put it out now is relying purely on the NFS brand to sell units, which it probably will.

Leave a comment:

• MikeRox
    replied
    I think it's got a lot of potential. I think the races will be more interesting once they're spiced up with police chasing you. The handling takes some getting used to, but as saturn says, it's old skool NFS handling, with a little bit of burnout tweaking here and there.

The graphics look like a PS2 game? o_O TA when was the last time you played a PS2 racer? There are parts of the track on Roadsters Reborn that look like a glorious remake of some of Burnout 3's scenery. My only gripe with the visuals is that they're 30fps rather than 60fps. I think the graphics are great though. They have the NFS look nailed.

It's not gonna be an AAA title or contender for GOTY like I hoped. But its looking like it'll school Blur and Split/Second on what an arcade racer should be like.

Leave a comment:

• saturn-gamer
    replied
    I enjoy this. It DOES feel like old NFS. Handles exactly like good ol' NFS3 it seems. Which handling was, even back then, mediocre imo. But I like it regardless. Shift was good and promising, but it was absolutely no NFS. Hot Pursuit is true NFS, for better or worse.

Autolog is fairly cool, spent 30 mins beating a friend score. 2:00 on the cop event atm. The other event, 4:50 ish.

Leave a comment:

• kernow
    replied
    It still amazes me just how many NFS games there are, and what small percentage are actually good

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    That was my point!
    It appeared to go a few miles over my head then!

Leave a comment:

• Neon Ignition
    replied
    I didn't mind it. I got used to the controls and once I got recent NFS/Burnout out my head it started to remind me of the old NFS's which is at least better than the Underground era trash EA churned out. Nowhere near Criterions finest but it seems decent enough.

Leave a comment:

• kernow
    replied
    Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    First underground had no supercars.
    That was my point!

Leave a comment:

• Team Andromeda
    replied
    This is shocking The gameplay is beyond dull, the handling a compete joke, and the graphics look like some PS2 game . I hope this demo is mega early code.

Leave a comment:

• nakamura
    replied
    meh underground, let's see - a lamborghini or a vw golf with body kit.. hmmh
    First underground had no supercars. Best motor was a Skyline and despite the horrific bodykits I love it. Turn all the driving assists off and it was a superb arcade racer.

Anyway the demo was pretty poor. It had no wow factor at all which is surprising as Burnout still impresses me on the PS2. Handling was decent, nothing amazing but certainly good fun.

It has a little potential but I am sick of the americanised settings that come with every EA racing game.

Leave a comment:

• Uli
    replied
    Pete did already sum it up pretty well. disappointing for me as i had some expectations about this. most of all due to Shift, which, even though it was broken at release and never fully fixed, remains a fantastic racing experience and placed itself well between arcade and sim racers.

Leave a comment:

• englishbob
    replied
    After only playing one event it would be foolish to rule it out just yet.

OK so the demo hasn't done itself much favours (at least 2 or 3 events would of been better) but I am sure it will get better. It has to, right?

Leave a comment:

• J0e Musashi
    replied
    Why don't they just make Most Wanted 2 already?

Leave a comment:

• kernow
    replied
    meh underground, let's see - a lamborghini or a vw golf with body kit.. hmmh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X