Sonic Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Colours

Picked this up at Tesco earlier today, quite simply: this IS Sonic 4 as fas as I am concerned. 1 single stage from this game has had more love, attention and detail put into it than the entire abomination that was recently the actual " Sonic 4".

For a Wii game this looks staggeringly good, music is a mixed bag though, some really great catchy tunes (Wisp planet) mixed in with some OK tunes.

Gameplay wise, it is basically the fast paced Sonic levels from Sonic Unleashed... but for the entire game, no stupid other characters getting in the way.

Top game overall, my fav Sonic since Adventure 2 on the DC.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Heard nothing but good things about this, it finally seems Sega are listening to their fans.

Comment

Why no PS3/360 release, WHY?
      I don't have a wii. >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        Why no PS3/360 release, WHY?
        I don't have a wii. >_<
        DS release is planned, isn't it?

Otherwise I agree, I have a Wii and I'm just disgusted with the sight of it. Once Muramasa gets its PS3 port, I'm dumping that brick like a white elephant's turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          DS release is planned, isn't it?
          Really wouldn't bother with Sonic Colours DS if I were you.

Downloaded the demo yesterday via the Nintendo Channel on the Wii. It is basically Sonic Rush 3 with a name change. Poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            Otherwise I agree, I have a Wii and I'm just disgusted with the sight of it. Once Muramasa gets its PS3 port, I'm dumping that brick like a white elephant's turd.
            It looks like some people never never learn... why you get so worked up about consoles, and videogames? Oh yes, reason for that would probably be called not having a life.

Comment

Can't really blame him, you pay hundreds of pounds for a console and then never get any use out of it because they never make any good games for it.

Having said that the wii has been pretty good over the last few months, one of the best period of releases it's had with games like this one, kirby and Goldeneye all coming out in the last couple of weeks.

Comment

There's alot of Anti-Wii threads popping up at the minute, or ones being hijacked.

Am quite tempted by this now, like smurf said, been hearing nothing but good things.

Comment

Bloody awesome game. The graphics are staggering for a Wii game (most prob the bets looking game to date on the system) Big Levels filled with such vivid design and imagination (even in the background there's plenty to see and admire) the Music is simply brilliant and the best of all the game is brilliant fun to play; Just like the old Sonic Pick up and play and the whole game designed around Sonic, no silly extra characters will silly gimmicks

Best Platform game I've played this generation after Mario Galaxy . Love to see an improved version ported to the 360 and PS3

Comment

One I the worst things I hate hearing at work is That looks good, for a Wii game.

The wii has some fantastic looking visuals, I don't give a **** if they're not in hd.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                      One I the worst things I hate hearing at work is That looks good, for a Wii game.

The wii has some fantastic looking visuals, I don't give a **** if they're not in hd.
                      It does, but it doesn't help it looks like a blurry mess on my hdtv though.

Comment

Must have a poo TV if it looks awful. :P

Comment

Nah, my tv is proper dope! Sony Bravia 1080p. Its just my eyes cannot take the blur, i had the same problem trying to play N64 games back in the day, it just bugs me seeing stuff like that big time.

Comment

Ah, Bravia. I too have one and yeah, SD stuff looks pretty bad. 480p through my mates Panny looks decent though - not as good as hachdee but that's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Best Platform game I've played this generation after Mario Galaxy . Love to see an improved version ported to the 360 and PS3
                              Depends on sales. The game has been written for inter-operability and easy porting. The reason why they made Wii version first is because majority of audience is there, and after Unleashed, SEGA merged their Sonic teams into one team. Programmers were just most comfortable with Wii's hardware after doing Secret of the Rings and Black Knight.

Comment

Working...
                              X