No announcement yet.

Sonic Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see positives regarding a Sonic game - will definitely look this one out.

The Wii has been on platform fire this year - Galaxy 2, Kirby, Sonic Colours & Donkey Kong & Epic Mickey still to come.

Comment

Finally a decent Sonic game! 2 player as well.

I will be glad to take a break from the punishing Super Meat boy!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
        Finally a decent Sonic game! 2 player as well.

I will be glad to take a break from the punishing Super Meat boy!

The two player is crap, its no fun at all

The main game is great though, even if I dont think the music could be any cheesier, I think the IGN reviewer that said this had the best music since sonic 2 was thinking about another game when he wrote the statement.

I have a tip though for new players, turn the natigator off, its just Tails reading the tutorial sections out loud (or at least thats all it seems to be), and his voice is as annoying as ever.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 15-11-2010, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          . The Wii is clearly a more powerful piece of kit than the Xbox was but nearly all devs have been extremely lazy with it and put out software that's below par for last gen.
          I happen to think the GPU inside the X-Box is better , even the very best Wii or Cube games don't don't match up to the best looking X-Box games (Conkers is just stunning)

The Wii has been on platform fire this year - Galaxy 2, Kirby, Sonic Colours & Donkey Kong & Epic Mickey still to come.
          Yes I agree , quite a turn around from SONY and the PS2 domination of the Genre last gen It's great to see this Genre get back on top form.
          Can't wait for Mickey and Donkey Kong to ship, not much can top a quality well made platform game.

Still quite stunned at how goo Sonic Colors looks and plays on the Wii . The game is just brilliant fun, and just love the music track

Comment

The wife and I picked this up last night and so far it's all a bit hmm... We're just getting through the levels so far and picking up the odd red coin here and there but up to planet 5 and I can't say I would recommend it over Sonic 4 Episode 1.
            It's more like Sonic Adventure which I never enjoyed too much. So much of it is basically cut scene style running with no control and then a wall you have to slide under pops up out of nowhere slowing it all down. The difficulty is all over the place as well.
            We just faced a boss that consisted of dodging laser beams left then right then left on a bland 3d scrolling path and then jumping at at the end. It went on for 9 minutes 44 seconds! Other levels are basically down to trial and error style jumps which are a bit of a pet hate.
            Hopefully my opinions will change but not feeling the love right now.

Comment

Started on this last night and just etching into World 3 and if anything it's proving too short and easy Levels can be over in around 2 minutes with bosses taken mere seconds. On the flipside most of the annoyances from the other Sonics have been finally removed and some levels are stunning in looks and execution, the first starlight level in particular stands out. The music is good though as it's the same theme per world it can get a little repetitive, though the lack of friends and more knowing scripting is a big boost. It's starting to approach being the best 3D Sonic game there's been and it certainly knocks Sonic 4 out of the park.

Comment

Looks like I'm right towards the end now as I'm at the back end of World 6 and it's managed to steal most of my time away from GT5. Some of the levels are gorgeous like the swaying grass fields on Planet Wisp or the neon twisting light roads of Starlight Carnival. Typically, the most awkward weaker points are when the game stops the player and asks them to do old skool precision platforming as Sonic has never been too great at that. However, when in full swing this is a lovely title which shames almost all of the other 3D Sonic titles. Really hoping this isn't a one off for Sega.

Comment

It's not as easy as it first seems when you start trying to get S rankings on the levels. I'd certainly not call it a cut scene game either, it may look that way, but christ the difference between a good run through and a bad run through is night and day.

Loving the layers in the levels, and the fact that you can't do everything off the bat. Levels need to be explored in depth to find everything. Fab soundtrack and I love the style of the visuals. It's all happy and how Sonic should be. Just losing the "edgy" crap is a massive improvement.

Great scripting and not half bad voice acting too which must be a first for a Sonic game. Loving the fact they just basically took New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy and applied it all to the same game combining Sonic Adventure and Sonic 2

Comment

Absolutely love this. They finally got it right!
                    The other thing is - it's actually pretty damn funny in places, which I wasn't expecting.

Comment

Finally picked this up today. I didn't enjoy it much at all (note: I haven't played any games up till today in quite a few weeks and was dead tired). I really enjoyed both Unleashed and Sonic 4 so was expecting to like this but its just seemed dull so far (I've only played one and half worlds). I dislike the wisp abilities like I thought I would, the controls seems odd, compared to Unleashed/Secret Rings/Sonic 4. No smash the Wii remote forward for homing attack. No press down and A to spin dash. The wall jump seems like Mario but not as precise. The whole game seems like it was designed for HD like Unleashed but is stuck in SD with a really small Sonic sonic and lots and lots of colours on the screen making it hard to see whats going on. Agree with the above that the cutscenes are actually amusing in places. I don't know if I'm going to continue with this game, would rather the next Sonic 4 episode.

Comment

Went back to this and finally found a few levels I enjoy - the Starlight Carnival ones. Not enough to make me play it for more than 15 minutes (5 minutes of which was just listening to the intro song which I really really like.

Comment

Playing this atm after it arriving from amazon 3 days ago.

I am literally shocked and elated at how much fun this game is and how well designed it is.

It's bloody brilliant! Best 3D Sonic without question and as good as the MegaDrive games imo.

Loving it.

Comment

Working...
                          X