Mushihimesama: Pug Panic (iOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushihimesama: Pug Panic (iOS)

New idevice game from Cave and obviously a sequel/spin off to the Mushihimesama games. Was a bit worried that it would turn out to be a cheap cash-in but so far certainly appears to be a fully fledged game.

Kind of a twin stick shooter, only you use lock on bombs instead of bullets, controls seem to work perfectly as youd expect if youve played either of Caves other games for the systems, levels are short and start out really easy but seem to get progressivley harder as the game is still pretty much a bullet hell style game.

Graphics and sound are just as nice as youd expect, you can tell its a game in the series just from looking at it as it features the same style bug enemies, backdrops and bullet patterns, and the music is of typical cave quality.

I havent actualy played this that much so far but what I have played Ive enjoyed alot, Id recommend anyone whos intrested pick it up now while its still on sale for half price though, as Im not sure how long a game it is.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I picked it up before my commute in and have managed all of about 5 mins play so far. My only comment so far is that when I saw videos, I had nightmares about the control given that it is in the 'visual d-pad' vein, but these were quickly put to rest - controls work much better than I was expecting. Looking forwards to playing some more of this.

Comment

Getting this now, thanks for letting us know its out.

Not sure they will get many sales of this as I notice there is no Lite version, and the full game is £2.39. Good luck Cave.

Comment

Unlike the previous Cave iDevice releases, there's no indication on the website that the £2.39 price is an offer. I think that's its permanent full price.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
          Unlike the previous Cave iDevice releases, there's no indication on the website that the £2.39 price is an offer. I think that's its permanent full price.
          Was sure I had read it was only that price for a few days, could be wrong though, was probabaly a different game Im thinking about.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 18-11-2010, 15:29.

Comment

Does anyone know how exactly you open up the hidden paths in levels on this? most of the time they just seem to become avaliable somewhat randomly, trying to 100% the first world and am missing one item.

Comment

MasaKING goes hands on with CAVE's latest game for iPhone and iPod touch: Mushihimesama BUG PANIC! Get to know the basics and get ready to bust some bugs! R...

Gameplay vid.

On another off topic note: id software's Rage / Rage HD is also out.

The HD version is over 1GB!
              Last edited by SCCAAMMM; 18-11-2010, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                Was sure I had read it was only that price for a few days, could be wrong though, was probabaly a different game Im thinking about.
                It hasn't been mentioned on their English blog, English Twitter page, nor their Facebook page.

*edit* OK, it does now, but it didn't this morning. It's only 60p cheaper for the commemorative period too, unlike the other releases.
                Last edited by bcass; 18-11-2010, 22:28.

Comment

I find this controls reasonably well but it's still an on screen stick/button affair and as such it can be very frustrating, well for me anyway, never get along well with this. I don't regret buying it though as I applaud Cave for doing something different and I'm happy to support them.

Comment

Originally posted by SCCAAMMM View Post
                    Good vid thanks. Haven't played it that much yet. Does the SCORE ATTACK mode unlock later on?

Comment

Game is ok, I find it difficult to dodge bullets while in boss stages. Would much prefer to play this on xbox arcade with 2 analogue sticks using xbox pad.

Comment

Has this been pulled for the minute.....maybe to fix for iPad users?

Comment

Tried to download this, however, it said I couldn't as I haven't upgraded to iOS4.1, I'm still running version 3. Is there any other reason to upgrade other than this game and will it break anything and/or run slower? I'm very wary of updating software nowadays.

Comment

Not sure about all the changes exactly, but if you're using an iphone 3G I'd recommend against it. I updated mine and it runs a lot slower. Supposedly 4.2 will fix this but you may want to wait and see first. If you have a newer device you might as well upgrade I think.

Comment

Not bothering with this one, looks a bit meh compared to the last two efforts.

Comment

Working...
                              X