Blood Drive (360/PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Drive (360/PS3)

Frustrating game. Set difficulty and unless you can beat a set goal you'll just beat yourself against the same wall endlessly.

Three single player modes.

Tournament - You choose a cup which consists of a number of different rounds. These vary between kill the most zombies, kill the most opponents, survive the longest, checkpoint racing, checkpoint elimination and king of the skull. You are given a score depending on how you ranked in the rounds. They are totalled up at the end of the cup and you can only progress to the next cup if you score high enough. Only one cup is available at the start.
    The game only saves progress if you complete the whole tourney and this is a issue later as the cups can last a few hours.

Challenge - Set single rounds. Same sort of tasks i.e. kill 200 zombies the fastest, pass 50 checkpoints etc. Doing these under a certain time will unlock tracks in Single event mode.

Single event - You can choose which zone/level and event type to do. All levels are locked by default.

The game lets you choose between a roster of set players/cars and gives you an option of a set powerup before you start a challenge.

I've given it two play sessions and I've gotten more acclimatised to the game but I'm not enjoying the frantic random gameplay. If I could progress by grinding I'd give it time but as it is it's a piece of **** that should be avoided.
    Last edited by Bort; 24-11-2010, 15:51.

Have you tried using different racers? Haven't found it random at all myself. I was struggling with the loner guy initially but found SuperStar a much better fit for my style of racing.

Comment

I'd given four of the racers a try in my previous sessions. I progressed the most with Nazar.
      Gave Superstar a go last night and he is a far superior option. Smoked a few challenges that previously had given me problems, Cheers. I dismissed him previously due to the stats they showed for him on the character select screen.

I still feel like it's futile to stick with it even with it now being an easier proposition.

Comment

Is there any online?

Comment

Yeah there's online modes with bot support for all the game modes:
          -Destruction derby style deathmatch.
          -Checkpoint racing.
          -Zombie killing spree.
          -Oddball.

I managed to get a few matches last Friday but only came across 4-5 players and most only stuck around for one or two matches but then that's the XBL player base for you. Haven't had a chance to play it since, but put about 6 hours into it and loved it.

Comment

Working...
          X