No announcement yet.

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my PAL copy today. Can't wait to get home and fire this up!!

Comment

Enjoyed this a lot over the weekend, although it is bastard hard, especially as I'm going for all K-O-N-G letters and puzzle birts on each level!
      Thought that this lacked some of the level design of the SNES one and felt more of an update rather than a sequel. But overall it's nice to have DK back in the saddle, although is it wrong that I found Jungle Beat more fun?!
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Got my copy today have to say Retro have done a fab job on this, stays very true to the SNES games but also uses advances since the SNES days to give the game a fresh feel.

One of the down sides many talk about is the motion controls,TBH they do not bother me as they respond well and i always feel in full control.

The game is very well designed with some great levels that are enjoyable and leave you wanting more.

Like other have said this game is tough in places but that is a good thing for me, as i am sick of platformers being easy games for kids.

A must buy for platform fans

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
          One of the down sides many talk about is the motion controls,
          Yep, whilst hey work, frankly they are not needed, and strike me as they were put in just cause "oh its a Wii game, we better use the motion controller". Shame they didn't allow users to use a pad though.

Still, a tough but fun game!

Comment

Just played the first 3 levels and liking what I see so far! Motion controls are fine to activate, but having three separate actions depending on the position of the analogue stick has given a few confusing moments. As others have mentioned, I don't see any reason why CC support couldn't be added as an alternative, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Already confirmed that I the snow has given me another day off work tomorrow, so between this and the second Ashes test that's my night sorted!

Comment

I played the first level earlier. Replayed it to get all jigsaw parts etc. Was ace. Lots to do. Music is great too. Whoever thought it was time DK should sport nothing but a kipper tie needs a medal

Comment

Back in the day I was obsessed by the DKC series and adored all three of them. After the crushing disappointment of DK64 it was nice to see a faithful DKC4 be announced as though fun I found Jungle Beat to be a far too simplistic alternative to compare to the main series. I'm only 2 levels in and was wary for the first level, once the controls begin to click though I found the 2nd level much better and it bodes for good things. I wish I could use my Wii Snes pad but the little motion control there is seems very well calibrated.

Comment

Id get this but Im sick of motion control, I know it sounds silly but I cant be doing with it, I still havent even finished Galaxy 2 becuase of this, guess I'll just play the older ones again as at least they use a proper pad.

Comment

This game is quality. Retro Studios sure know how to bring a game series back to life. Well done, chappies!

Would've loved that SNES Classic Controller to work with this game, or just a regular CC mind. The motion controls are a bit hit and miss.
                    Last edited by Dezm0nd; 03-12-2010, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      Id get this but Im sick of motion control, I know it sounds silly but I cant be doing with it, I still havent even finished Galaxy 2 becuase of this, guess I'll just play the older ones again as at least they use a proper pad.
                      Agreed, most of the Wii games don't need the Wiimote bollocks, but i guess developers get pressurised into using it..

Comment

I'm not in the habit of moaning about motion controls, but this is an exception.

Get that ****e out of my Donkey Kong Country.

Comment

Now, this is more like it! Traded in the dreadful Sonic Colours and got this, my 3rd wii game in a row. Motion controls are a tad annoying but nice to have an actual difficult platformer. I think it looks gorgeous as well. Full of charm.
                          How does the Sqawk thing you buy from the shop work? Do you have to activate it each level?

Comment

when you start a level you go to "inventory" and equip one item. They're single use only though, so you'll have to buy a new one if you want to use it on a different level.

Also, dismissing the game out of hand because of the motion control is just looking for an excuse to hate the game, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                              Spot on, I haven't finished Prime III for just same reason. Motion controls just get in the way of games in this genre- games that need to be played for long periods of time

Comment

put me down as a +1 for hatred of waggle in non-appropriate games.

I would have got this like a shot if it was button only but now won't touch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X