Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Space 2 [Demo]

Up on 360 today, assume PS3 also.

Be warned that EA get you to agree to T&C before reaching main menu, make sure you uncheck the "I want to receive all sorts of crap from you" box before agreeing.

Not much has changed from the first game. It still looks great, controls are good and atmosphere is fantastic. It has a new weapon which is really nice plus you get to play with the new zero-g controls which are pretty good too.

Demo is a nice size and difficulty - took me about 30 minutes and I died a couple of times on one section. The demo seemed to be made up of random bits of levels from the final game so it doesn't really make a lot of sense, but that's ok. They've definately put the effort in this time and this is a massive improvement over the weak Dead Space 1 demo.

Oh, demo opens with a retelling of the first game, so contains spoilers if you still care about that.

I also had a quick blast (360). Played with headphones on this is scary!

The game still has a 'shop' for buying and storing items for upgrades etc.

Good demo though and worth checking out.

Comment

Not on ps3 yet

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        Not on ps3 yet
        you can get it on Hong Kong PS3 account if you have one

Comment

Im waiting for this to download now (was having a nice snooze with the new kitten while waiting). I really really enjoyed the first, though strangely never completed it. Im going to give this demo a blast, and then re-purchase the original in the new year before delving into the final game.

I adored Extraction on the wii, once i started I could not put it down - that engrossed me more than the 360 title funnily enough. I cant wait to get back into these games though, a fantasitcally gripping series.
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Its a good demo, it also seems to be very hard which is the complete oposite of the first game which most people seemed to think was too easy.

One thing though, why does Issac talk now? I know some people thought it was a bit odd that he never spoke before but now that he does it feels even odder, like hes had a voice transplant or somthing.

Comment

I agree.... I don't mind my Heroes or Heroines to have their own tongue, yet here Issac just sounds strange and unconvincing. He looks like a douche too - sigh.

Aside that though an awesome demo from what i've played so far, back to it I go!
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Ah man, I won't be home until Thursday night. I'm so looking forward to this. I only ever played the 1st Dead Space on the Wii. While it was good for that system I've always wanted to sample the real deal. It probably won't be on the Japanese 360 store yet anyway.

Comment

Really looking forward to this one - Isaace speaks in this one? Hmmm...not convinced on that front.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

sad to think i will never get to play this A* game.......because im to scared...

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                      sad to think i will never get to play this A* game.......because im to scared...
                      my son (27 yrs old) is the same. He never plays scary games!

Comment

Im not joking either, i wont even play the marine campaign in any AVP game haha, well at least im not alone i guess :3 maybe i should buy f.e.a.r. and make a youtube series of me playing it and pooping myself

*edit* oh tell a lie i am tempted by the multiplayer a little
                        Last edited by Largo; 22-12-2010, 15:24.

Comment

I enjoyed this too. I don't think the level design us quite as good as the firsts though. But this is just a demo I suppose and if I went off the dead space 1 demo I might not have been quite so interested.

So colour me excited for this one! Dead space is in my top 3 for 360 so hope this is at least as good but hopefully better!

Comment

The level design was just a copy and paste from various bits of the game. The start just seemed like a copy and paste of one room over and over and over!

I should really finish the original, been meaning to get back to it for months!

Comment

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed, 3 repeated hallways and doors. But I was amazed, DS2 is atmospheric, brutal and the gameplay seems to have been improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X