Sly Trilogy (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sly Trilogy (PS3)

I was idly checking the sales statistics on vgchartz for this, and I was aghast at the total sales of around 100k units. Indeed, allegedly in one week, in the WHOLE of Europe, this game sold 11 copies. ELEVEN. Shameful really. It might be a typo but it's probably not too far off the mark....

So far I've been forcing my seven year old to play it so I can justify the cost of buying yet another videogame I'll probably never get around to playing myself.

My eldest is pretty good at the Ratchet and Clank games, but we found the first Sly was a bit too tricky. It's a bit old school - insta-death, limited lives and pinpoint jumping - for him. Yes, of course this resulted in a hearty round dad blathering on about how "in my day son, that's what we played games for, the challenge, the brutality, the frustration" etc. Kids these days etc.

So, skipping forwards, we've been playing Sly 2 for a while, and really enjoying it. Looks gorgeous (the Eurogamer review nailed it - it sort of looks how you remember a PS2 games looked at the time), fun to play and packed full of more creativity and spirit than Sucker Punch managed with inFamous.

Ah, that's my tea on the table. But anyway, anyone else bought this?
    Last edited by cavalcade; 18-01-2011, 18:40.

i bought it too! nearly finished first one as i missed them all first time round, really enjoying it.

11 copies in the whole of Europe cant be right, surely?

Comment

I bought it

Loving every minute of this game, never played them before. finished 1 and 2 now halfway through 3. Money well spent I say.

Comment

Damn, I forgot the poll.

I'd have gone for:

1 - Deceitful
        2 - Crooked
        3 - Dishonest
        4 - Furtive
        5 - Elusive
        6 - Mischievous
        7 - Wily
        8 - Shrewd
        9 - Slick
        10 - Foxy

Mods! Mods!

Comment

I got this for Xmas and these games are fantastic. I'm up to fighting Contessa on Sly 2 but loving every minute.

The only thing I don't like so far, is in Sly 1 Time Trialling the levels is next to impossible. I can't even accomplish the first level.

Comment

Didnt even know this was out, I havent seen it in any shops, which would explain why its only sold 11 copies.

Comment

I have a copy i really like

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                I got this for Xmas and these games are fantastic. I'm up to fighting Contessa on Sly 2 but loving every minute.

The only thing I don't like so far, is in Sly 1 Time Trialling the levels is next to impossible. I can't even accomplish the first level.
                You wont be able too until you get the final special move much later on in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  Didnt even know this was out, I havent seen it in any shops, which would explain why its only sold 11 copies.
                  rmoxon, it's the Crystal Skull of videogames. You should buy it immediately.

To everyone else, it's not the Crystal Skull of videogames, so please buy it and ignore the previous comment.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    You wont be able too until you get the final special move much later on in the game.
                    What special move is that? - In Sly 1, I think I have done 85% and all that's left is the Time Trials I believe, I'm probably wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                      rmoxon, it's the Crystal Skull of videogames. You should buy it immediately.

To everyone else, it's not the Crystal Skull of videogames, so please buy it and ignore the previous comment.
                      Eh?

I wouldnt buy the crystal skull so why would I buy this becuase you said that?

In fact I dont want to buy it anyway, already have the games, was just saying I havent seen it in any shops

I hadnt actualy played them until recently and I have to say they are great games though.
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 18-01-2011, 23:49.

Comment

I thought you were the Crystal Skull's number one fan.

Anyway, Sly 1 is pretty brutal, but great fun. I'm most pleased with the visuals. I was pretty disappointed with Crack in Time (which I thought looked worse than Tools of Destruction), so it's nice to see a slick and pretty platformer. The texturing is clearly upscaled PS2 assets, but the entire thing is a testament to how decent visual design can stand the test of time. I'd love a Jax and Daxter pack, but considering how this sold, I guess the appetite isn't there.

Comment

I think Im its second biggest fan, apparently bash is its number one fan, he rated it the best Indy movie in the poll, he just didnt speak in the thread so he didnt have anyone screaming at him about CGI monkeys.

As for more packs like this one being made, have all the other PS3 compillations that have been released recently sold just as badly? (I dont think Ive seen any of them in the shops actualy).

Comment

Prince of Persia Collection and the God of War Collection. Can't get sales for the former, but I assume it sold worse than a CGI monkey hiding in a 1950s refrigerator but the latter sold about 2 million.

The Ico/Shadow collection should do well, but I assume the likelyhood of Jax and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank collections after the performance of the Sly collection is small.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                              What special move is that? - In Sly 1, I think I have done 85% and all that's left is the Time Trials I believe, I'm probably wrong.
                              There is a safe in the snow area that you cannot open until you have killed the last boss. It will contain the final move, the master sprint I think. That will allow you to play and actually complete the time trials.

Comment

Working...
                              X