LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)

Surprised nobody started this already as been out a week.

Really is an odd one this for me as I can't view it like you do most other full price box releases.

The single player campaign is pretty nice, especially with more than one player, its stupidly short though even allowing for all the online levels.

It also seems pretty much resolutely stuck to being a slightly wonky side on platformer, despite all the claims to the contrary you can create other stuff in this, sure they throw in an odd diverting mini side game like rat racing or basketball but it doesn't really demonstrate for me the variety they claim.

I really don't have time to get into creation so am left judging the pack by what's on the disc and other peoples efforts, and i guess the problem is that once you've rinsed single player your left to pick thru a random assortment of mostly tat to find the odd gem.

When you get a gem somebody has made its a bit of a discovery and quite satisfying but the experience is quite staccato and as a player you get no real flow going. It's all a bit like picking thru demo modes for 80pt indie games.

As a tech achievement this is stunning & a tiny % of creators will do amazing things, i like the single player but there is nowhere near enough of it. Overall it's a bit of a flawed experience for me but i don't regret buying it.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

How many worlds is there?Am up to the level with a guy that has a flip chart for a face.

Looks good this but for some reason I like the first one better.Dont really know why
    Last edited by hugejeans; 30-01-2011, 07:43. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think you have 3 more worlds left

Comment

Request for the thread title to be fixed - there are no spaces in the title. It's going to irk me until LBP3 otherwise.

I have nothing to say because the Japanese release hasn't happened yet. I did wonder why nobody else was saying anything, but LBP only has a small following on this forum anyway - not really surprising.

Comment

changed the thread title seeing as its so important to you.

other think that irked me in the first game is the motion thing that makes Sackboy even run along like he's got a broken neck or contort his body at an odd angle, no way to turn it off so the sixaxis nonsense isn't registered one way or another.

I do like the website integration, I line up levels to my queue via that on my iPad then they are all ready next time I go on.

Comment

Click R3 once and the motion thing shifts to his hips, barely noticable.

Comment

One thing I really don't like is when you search for levels you have to scroll down a list. I much preferred all the levels to show up on a world and you can just scan for one that you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                Click R3 once and the motion thing shifts to his hips, barely noticable.
                you have to do that every time you die and it makes him run like a spaz.

Comment

I was going to make an FP thread, but I realised it would probably consist of me gushing about how much I love the game on my own.

Comment

Spent quite a lot of time on this today, it's so odd as time flies by but i don't especially feel I'm enjoying it, that said I'm not dislike it either.

Ploughing through user levels and there are some very nice ones, Spice and co and cake factory being 2 that stick in my mind. The overhead racer stuff is mostly garbage and the shooting stuff not that memorable either.

There is a fairly passable tower defence in the MM picks section.

For me Modnation is the far more inclusive play/create/share title but is obviously far less ambitious in scope, the focus though helps it as a package as to my taste its the best kart racer ever, nobody would ever say this is the best platformer.

LBP 2 is a fascinating title and i can see me dipping back in frequently to see what the more talented have made, it's just not a great game, great bit of software though.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      nobody would ever say this is the best platformer.
                      I would.

I have, in fact (if we are talking about the original).

Comment

I'm really warming to this, the later MM inpack levels are fantastic and I like using various recomendations from places like GAF to queue stuff up via the LBP.me website.

Some of the user stuff is very good and the variety of whats on offer means I never have any problem passing an enjoyable hour or so on this.

The Cause & Effect video levels are very impressive (if you liked that Honda advert a while back made up from bits of the car), Poultry Panic & Spice & Co are nice platform levels plus there is a whole variety of tower defence, sports games, racers out there. people are also starting to use the gravity tools to good effect too in some Mario Galaxy copycat style levels.

Its the variety that wins thru for me, mostly these things are a collection of nice flash games with better graphics but the fact they are all in one package and done via pad input alone is very impressive, plus occasionally you do get a gem that is way beyond flash game quality.

I like this a lot, and I've not touched creator yet.

Comment

Over the past week since getting the game I did think about bumping this thread, but the lack of love round here for LBP made me think better of it. I couldn't take a repeat of the GT5 thread.

Anyhow, once I looked beyond the stunning MM produced stuff I had a kind of mixed re-introduction to the game. The multiplayer features have taken a step backwards in quality. The game itself is as awesome as ever, although ironically the best levels I have discovered in the last week were all platformers made in LBP1 (and published in the time since I stopped playing regularly).

What I'm not liking is that my only option for starting a multiplayer session is to choose 'Dive In', which then usually tries to connect me to somebody who does not even want me in their game. The number of times I have seen "so and so refused to let you join" is ridiculous. LBP1 was not like that, when did the community get so tight-arsed?

There needs to be an option to say "My pod is open to visitors!" so you can get in a session with people who actually want to play together. As it is, I haven't felt this unloved and rejected since I tried to play Metal Gear Online. A very different experience from the launch of LBP.

Comment

OK, a guy in my pod had a Gonzo the Great mask on tonight - where did he get this???!? I must have it! It doesn't seem to be available on the Japanese store though

Comment

It's a real shame to see LBP2 get so little love on here.

I'm holding off buying LBP2 & Dead Space 2 as I don't have the time to commit, so was wondering how does this stack up compared to the original? Are their many brand new levels being made by the community or are a lot of them just imported from the first?

Comment

Working...
                              X