Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Wii)

Bought the anime series on bluray and while I was waiting for it to arrive I noticed this was only $25 on Amazon.ca. I waited until after watching the series to play it...It's now my most played Wii game of the year so far.

Fast, fun, and full of OTT characters and attacks. My only (teenie-tiny) gripe is that I should have bought the J-version with the authentic voice actors. Meh. FYI Capcom, Sin and Punishment 2 had the option of English/Japanese. Sort it out.

Y is a regular art (~attack), X is a special art, A is BASARA art (chain of attacks), ZL+X is a super art and L is Hero time, where time slows down but your character moves their normal speed. Combine Hero Time and BASARA Arts for crazy awesome damage!

Cool OP too.

So basically you pick a character and then fight your way to victory over your enemy. There are basic soldiers that earn you a little cash and will help work towards a decent attack combo, squad leaders/named soldiers who are a little tougher and sometime drop materials you can use to create stat-enhancing accessories, tower/gate guards, and the big bosses. Creating an awesome attack combo turns out to be easier than you think. Get a few hits in on the regular enemies as you fight your way to a tower guard, take him out and the resulting explosion takes you from a 99 hit combo to 699 or even higher if you're lucky - my all-time highest hit combo is 2142 but taking out the guard during Hero Time with a BASARA Art, then turning on the remaining soldiers while still on a Super Frenzy. Crazy stuff indeed.

Obviously I haven't played the PS3 version but i imagine the only difference would be the level of graphical detail and the number of baddies on screen at once. The Wii handles what CAPCOM/Team BASARA has thrown at it excellently, and even a Wii fanboy such as myself is more impressed than usual.
    Last edited by kryss; 09-02-2011, 03:20.

So this is sort of like dynasty warriors then? I think the second game was on the wii too, but it mustn't have got localised.

Comment

I don't really know to be honest. I have Samurai Warriors (sengoku musou) 3 on the Wii ordered from PA but they seem to think "1 week lead time" means they can happily wait a month before sending it to me. Blah.

Comment

It's basically like DW with a healthy dose of over the top capcom flashiness inserted. Personally I love it, but it's still the same genre though, so it's all pretty mindless hacking and slashing.

Here's a link to a gameplay video because I can't get the embedded thing to work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scbie...eature=related

Comment

I played the demo to this on PSN it is fun
          Think i may grab it from amazon it's only £12 for PS3 so i'm sold for that price

Comment

Working...
          X