Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare)

Seeing as i seem to be the only one who is really enthusiastic about this, i figured i would create a fp thread.

Worst thing about it out of the way, the game costs 1200pts. Its the most expensive title on the shop. But in my opinion it fully justifies the price and then some.

Shantae to me feels like a cross between Wonder Boy in Monster Land and a classic Snes capcom game. The 2d art is absolutly jawdropping and you can move in to the background, infact you can see enemies moving about on those planes while you are in the foreground.

The gameplay consists of you fighting bosses, travelling and solving problems and whipping enemies with your hair. She can also use magic. I'm still very early in the game and i feel that there might be a little bit more to the game later, like her dancing which i haven't come to yet.

Definetly the best game on the DSiWare store by a gigantic margin.

Pick it up!

Nice first imps for this typically-annoyingly late (EU) release. Ta. Cool developers. Didn't realize they did Contra 4 as well.

Comment

They also did Batman: The Brave and the Bold and from what i have played has been slick too. I would be playing these more but Borderlands has got its hooks in me.

Comment

Downloaded this last night and had a go on the bus on the way in this morning. Very, very good so far. The animation is impressive and the way Shantae handles are both spot-on. Sadly the more I played the more I thought that it could've justified a boxed release but it's nice to finally be able to play it.

The little aside about escaping the pressure trap in the tomb near the very beginning raised a chuckle too.

Comment

Geez, i really want to take back what i said on my first post. It gives the worlds best first impression. You basically get 4 distinct environments and 2 of them is just a pallet swap with a couple of pumpkins in the background. Full of tedious back tracking and an attack that is very imprecise especially on enemies in the middle of the air. Gets really boring and dirivitive, definetly isn't worth the 1200 points.

Really is a shame, i was expecting a whole lot out of this.

Comment

Working...
          X