Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't find Makar.
    I'm guessing I need him as well as Medli for the dungeon I'm in.
    I've got a sun thing, and I need to light it's eyes up.
    I can get bird girl to do it. But no Makar, so I'm stuck.

Comment

I haven't played Zelda in a couple of days due to Uni commitments , but today I revisted it as I was half way through the water dungeon (some really good puzzles in there).

The story has really progressed now, and there are some great set pieces, unfortunately I would say the bosses are a bit too easy to defeat. I have defeated 4 main bosses, and none of them having taken anymore than half a heart away from me. Still it's a fantastic game.

Comment

Thanks Prine - will keep a look out for those islands.

Comment

Ah! Done the bit I was stuck at. Getting a bit ahead of myself. Guess I didn't need as many friends to tag along as I thought!

Comment

Anyone managed to bait a seagul yet? I got the right bait and i've been trying for a while to get one to pick me up in the Forbidden Forest area with no luck! Standing underneath them doesn't seem to work - maybe they're too high up from me.

Comment

*Potential Spoilers, although Blaze may want to read*

Where are you trying to bait a Seagull from, Blaze? The only place I've been able to get it work on the Forest island is on the small island which houses the entrance to the Nintendo gallery ( looks like a giant airlock door on the surface ), I think you can generally only do it if there's a puzzle nearby to be resolved by using a Seagull.

Anyway, I've decided to take some time out of the main quest and explore islands I just browsed over earlier, such as Windfall, and complete quests and tasks there. Been roaming the seas for treasure, slowly beefing up my map by using those helpful fish, and just trying to make sure I've covered every angle before I take myself off to the next Dungeon.

Graphics still continue to amaze, I've been showing the game to as many people as possible, and witnessing the polarisation of views on it that other gamers have lamented. I suppose it's too strong a style for people to just feel 'that's okay' about it, you either love it or regard it as a gimmick, although I defy anyone to take the second view after spending a few hours playing through WW and witnessing the soul that these visuals can so easily lend to it.

Comment

Thanks GB - I was trying on a ledge which you access from inside the forest just above the big tree as it had a few birds flying around there. But i'll try it where you said, i'm trying to do that task in the area so I knew it has to work around there somewhere.

I just arrived back at Windset island so I better go find some of those quests.

One thing I love about WW is the freedom you have to do what you want, also it seems you can interact with everything. I loved having battles on the rope bridges and finding out that you could cut the ropes a bit too late and plunging with my foe to the bottom of the chasm - you can also set the briges alight.

Then there's the guys with the massive spears who swing mindlessly and accidently hit their mate as he flys backwards. There's lots of stuff like this which is just amazing.

I'm doing much the same as you GB, i've done dragon roost and forbidden forest and now trying to savour everything making it last. only problme is alot of stuff seems locked off at the moment - things blocked with big boulders etc. Also there's no point collecting treasure at the moment as i can only hold 200 rupees right now.

Comment

Sail around slightly northwest of windfall. Who knows...you might find a fairy that'll give you a bigger wallet....maybe.

Comment

Cheers for the hint Firsty, I will investigate.

Currently doing the "find the school children quest" in windset and there seems to be a bug with one of the children. I've caught all of them but one, nothing happens when I stand in front of last one. Anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze
                      Cheers for the hint Firsty, I will investigate.

Currently doing the "find the school children quest" in windset and there seems to be a bug with one of the children. I've caught all of them but one, nothing happens when I stand in front of last one. Anyone else had this problem?
                      I've done that one, each one i found then caught stood there, until all are found & caught, then see teach. I had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                        Sail around slightly northwest of windfall. Who knows...you might find a fairy that'll give you a bigger wallet....maybe.
                        I spent the last hour and a bit travelling and trying to find all the fairy islands. It's incredibly useful just so you can build up your equipment.

Comment

spoiler for windset "find the children quest"

Shend - It's the one on top of the tree i've got problems with, I just stand in front of him and he doesn't run off. He just stands there like im not there. Maybe if I switch the cube off and and try again he'll react.

Comment

Apologies if this sounds insultingly obvious, but have you rolled into the tree and bashed him off the top of it?

I have experienced a bug or two myself though, I was exploring an island only to return and find my boat nowhere to be seen. I went into a nearby supply boat to stock up on some bait, came back out and the boat was in it's original spot, fortunatly I've only had one or two instances like this though.

Comment

Doh! Nope that wasn't insultingly obvious - I flew to the top and stood next to him. Thanks for that

Comment

This been the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in years. I put it on last night to do the 3rd dungeon, I said I'd play for an hour or so, this was around 12. 5 hours hater I look at the clock and reluctantly I go to bed. Everything that happens after that dengeon is just so damn amazing I had trouble tearing myself away from the game.

I've been playing for a good 4-5 hours a day since Monday and I have loads more to do, well hopefully. Like most, I've taken a break from the main quest and have started to explore a lot. So much to do and interact with it's almost overwhelming. It's fast becoming my favorite Zelda ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X