Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Come on, no FP thread on this?

Let me start by saying that this game is ridiculously good. Tactics Ogre on PSX was my favourite SRPG of all time, but it suffered from a few things that were done better in FFT although I found that game to be inferior in terms of balance, challenge etc.

Tactics Ogre PSP fixed everything I could ask for. When installed there is NO loading, ever. The graphics are far better, the menu's are more streamlined, faster. The soundtrack is of CD quality, the translation is superior, the narrative is better... All this is being done without altering the look and feel at all, its still the very same game as it was 15 years ago. This is how a remake should be, and nothing else.

I also like the new EXP system that simply gives a grand total and divides it over participating characters. You can zoom out for a wider view, and you can use a top down view if situations get too cluttered in isometric view. Its all being thought out very well.

New additions are the Chariot Tarrot system, which is really the same as a rewind feature in race games. You can go an x amount of turns back to erase your mistake. Abusive? Probably, but I like it. A stupid mistake done far into a long battle isn't as frustrating as it once was. Oh, but the game is still difficult. Its not a cakewalk at all.

In short this game is the reason my Ps3 hardly gets any playtime lately. Its the best game I've played this year yet.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Have my copy sat waiting on the shelf but want to finish with Valkyria Chronicles II before moving onto this. Looks stunning, another fantastic game to add to the PSPs already impressive library.

Comment

My copy still hasn't arrived. Almost at the 'wait a week before making a claim' stage now though, so hopefully will have it at some point next week.

Comment

this game is tempting me to buy another psp, i absolutely love these games.

Comment

Plus its only £28 on the store ( PSN ), bargain.

Comment

?25 from Amazon, with a little book and a mini CD.

This seems the best game from Square Enix for a long time. I shall try to ignore the rewind feature and, as in the Fire Emblem games, to leave no soldier on the battlefield.

Comment

Been playing this myself. Still on Chapter 1 and about 5 fights in (Just completed Qadigra Fortress). It's a little daunting at first with all the different class types and having to equip all your troops, but I'm enoying the battles a lot.

Comment

Qadriga fortress is the first difficult fight imo. I really needed to equip the right skills there. Such as the sidestep and phantom/undead damage. Still haven't lost anyone yet.

Comment

I think I made Qadigra Fortress difficult for myself by trying to play it too cautiously. In the end I did it by going gung-ho

Comment

I'm up to chapter 3 and I've got to say the game is amazing, I love that the decisions you make really do alter the game and characters in a big way.

I've now got access to the Ninja class and katanas which together are absolutely deadly. Early on in the game I would recommend having 2 or 3 Archers as they are by far the best class in the game I've seen so far. Berserkers are also very good early on as they can do far more melee damage than any other class in the first 2 chapters.

Comment

Qadriga is better saved for later (go back to the castle first, and do those few easy battles) and its best done with Canopus and a Knight or 2 going head on. The Necromancer can be killed in about 3 strikes. Reaching him is the problem though, and even when you use Excorsisme he will re-summon a pack of them. But those phantom wizards can be taken out by 2 arrows with the skill equipped.

Archers with Sidestep were my most important class during Chapter 1 for sure. I usually send 2 and Canopus into battle. My main is a Knight which is helpful as well. I send those as Tanks up front, Archers on the flanks and one or 2 healers in the back alongside an occasional Wizard.

Warriors are much like Squires in FFT, change them into something else asap.

Comment

From my experience Knight's are pretty poor as well really classic jack of all trades. I also changed Canopus to an Archer with a Longbow+1 and a Warriors Ring his damage output is obscene.

When you get access to the item crafting menu I'd recommend creating +1 weapons, but I've personally not bothered creating armour because they add a lot of weight.

Comment

Yeah, I just got my winged dude and my own character straight up those steps to the necromancer and whacked him, whilst the rest fought it out at the bottom. Before going gung-ho, I was trying too be too smart.

Comment

Does he still get his Finisher if hes not a Vartan?

Comment

I've not played much of this but what I have is amazing. This has to be a candidate for one of the best PSP games released, its such a shame its being overlooked by people. That said it is pretty complicated and i'm finding its a bit of a steep learning curve, but its actually fun unlike so many games these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X