Gods Eater Burst [PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods Eater Burst [PSP]

Well, it's a nice suprise that they've kept the original opening intro for all those Japan-o-philes out there.

Been interested in this for a while due to my Monster Hunter craving, and it's quite fun. Gun-Blades are always good no matter what game they're in. Also a nice addition is the fact that up to four characters from the storyline can join you in your quests. they seem a lot more useful than my otomo cats in Portable 3rd.

Just done a few of the story scenarios and quite enjoying the pace of battles. Though I don't think it'll displace MoHun as my premier action-grind-hunting game of choice, but it's a nice alternative for me to invest in.

I saw this today it looks fun
    is it much the same as Monster hunter or is there much stuff changed so it feels like another game

Comment

Glad to see a first play thread popping up for this.

I spent quite a bit of time with the Japanese version of the game so it's very nice to be playing it in English. I'm about 12 hours through it now and playing around with the Difficulty 4 missions.

While it's repetitive and there are a lot of monster reskins going on, there's a hell of a lot that I enjoy about this game.

The setting for one is brilliant, and I find it a lot more interesting than Monster Hunter. Personal preference at work there.

The bullet scripting / creation system is pure genius. You can spend absolutely ages crafting up bullets and playing around with that.

I'm really, really enjoying this and I can see myself playing through the entirety of the story mode I reckon.

Comment

If the Jim says so, I shall buy

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
          ... is it much the same as Monster hunter or is there much stuff changed so it feels like another game
          To coin a cliched phrase, yes and no.
          You do similar things: hunt > kill > carve > end quest > create new weapons/ bullets from parts > then repeat rinse and dry. I'm pretty sure you cannot create defensive armoursets, just different apparel to clothes your hip 20-something avatar.

On the flipside, the combat is quicker than Monster Hunter and mainly consists of 2 disciplines: gun and sword. The sword combos are easy to learn, but the real meat of it (as mentioned by Silvergun X) is bullet creation. I'm still getting my head round it and just messing about with stuff.

I would agree with the varying comments (on t'internet) about the environments lack some form of character compared to MoHun, as they do seem quite barren. Or that it's probably the point, since it's in some non descript post-apocalyptic future.

Kryss:
          Get a PS3! and get on ad-hoc party

Comment

Quite enjoying this. Haven't really got involved in the Bullet editing side of things, it seems a bit overly complex and I'm not sure what the benefits are (probably haven't looked deep enough). Might try and make a healing shell that fires on my on head though What kind of bullets are you guys putting together?

Comment

Right, been absolutely hammering away at this, and really enjoying it. Even though the storytelling is traditional cookie cutter/ Saturday morning anime fare, the fast flowing combat makes up for it.

For anyone interested here's a video of the God Eater video (prequel?) promo to the game:

It doesn't really tell a whole lot. But for fans, it's a bonus nontheless.

Also I'd like to share a few bullet recipes I've blatantly nicked from GameFaq's. There's a huge topic there, and I'd thought I'll get the choice shots that are worth making.
              (disclaimer: depending on where you are in the game, certain shot properties will not become available to use)

A shot which is available early on:

1) M Control : short duration, faces enemy
              2) M Shot: [0.2 seconds after 1]
              3) M Shot : short-range bullet [On impact of 2]
              4) M Shot [0.5 seconds after 1]
              5) M Shot : short-range bullet [On impact of 4]

----------

This one is quite spammable and does decent damage at low OP cost, but you will have to manually aim.

1) XS Shot: delayed burst-fire bullets
              2) L Shot: short range bullet
              3) XS Shot : scattering burst fire bullets [on impact of 2]
              4) L Shot: very short range bullet [on impact of 2]

----------

IOD

1) S:Shot:Omni-homing bullet
              2) M:Orb:Sticky,short duration [on impact of 1]
              2) S:Laser:very short range [0.2 sec after 2]
              4) S:Laser:very short range [when 2 hits enemy] VER:10 Up
              5) S:Laser:very short range [0.2 sec after 2] VER:5 Down
              6) S:Laser:very short range [0.5 sec after 2] VER:5 Up
              7) S:Laser:very short range [0.5 sec after 2] HOR:5 Right
              8) S:Laser:very short range [1 sec after 2]

----------

HDH

1) S: Deco-shot:Short range/ VER:60 Up
              2) M:Control:Short duration,faces down [when 1 dissapears]
              3) S:Shot:Omni homing bullet [same time as 2]
              4) M:Orb:Sticky,short duration [when 3 hits enemy]
              5) S:Laser:very short range [when 4 hits enemy] VER:10 Up
              6) S:Laser:very short range [0.2 sec after 4] HOR:10 Left
              7) S:Laser:very short range [0.5 sec after 4] HOR:10 Right
              8) S:Laser:very short range [0.5 sec after 4] HOR:10 Left

These 2 shots are pretty much overpowered, though the IOD has been slightly nerfed from the original God Eater, as the internet chatter goes.

An example of the IOD/ HDH shots can be seen here:

and here:

Also, here's a video of some fanciness that can be had with the shot editing:

Comment

Blimey. I'd written gun work off in favour of the blade. Looks like I'll have to change my mind. But that last video with the fancy shots is what I was getting at with the complexity thing, there is no way I'd have thought about how to work the first bullet shown let alone the others. Nice MH music in it though!

Comment

just got this it only cost me £16 so i thought what the hell am going to sit down with tonight and spend some time with it

Comment

Where did you get it for ?16 pal? Think I paid ?25 for it on Saturday

Anyway only played a few of the tutorial missions so far so can't give too much feedback, but it seems like the faster, more immediate Monster Hunter style game I'm after. As much as I love the epic 50min hunts in MHFU I just don't have the time for it at the moment. Will have to try and 'borrow' my brother's PS3 to get some ad-hoc partying going on!

Comment

so forgot to say i got money off it from gamestation as i have one of there points card thing it worked out that i had about £8 on it so i thought i should spend it on that

Comment

Ah gotcha mate. Plan on sitting down with it for an hour or so later before bed.

I assumed there would be a data install option as there tends to be for most PSP games nowadays. Am I just being thick or is there not one?

Comment

Haven't seen one, but the loading speeds aren't too painful in this.

Comment

Ok i like this game, am not that deep into it yet but would like to

Comment

Working...
                            X