X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both the frame rate in RR 3ds and pilotwings are pretty poor

hope zelda doesnt suffer

Comment

Just reached 100% for this game after going back to it after being about 60% the way through. Some of the rubber banding made for some real frustration, the last couple of advanced grand prixs seemed to be the worst for this. I wish I had saved some of the replays but to be honest I was so determined to get past the race I just reset it as I went over the finish line to have another go. I'm sure that by making sure I came first in every race before moving to the next event probably helped to pile on the frustration at times. Funnily enough the later duels were much more forgiving and the final set of races were challenging enough to require a couple of restarts, losing a race by 0.004secs hurts! Getting to 100% feels rewarding but I'm not sure I would have persevered if it weren't for the fact I cleared both PSP versions which was my incentive to crack this one.

Ended up turning of the voices, then the music and listening to something else through my cans whilst playing to keep me calm and focused.

Comment

Yep, first thing I did after playing a couple of races was to turn off the voices. So annoying.

Comment

Grabbed this over the weekend (along with a 3DS). As someone who reckons Ridge Racer 7 is the best racer of this generation, I'm loving this. Some early impressions from my last few days of playing this:

+Same old gameplay, plays as good as the PSP/360/PS3 games.
          +As usual, a huge amount of content.
          +The 3D is excellent, a really great example of the technology working with a 'normal' game.

-Mostly rehashed tracks, a small handful of new ones. I've lost count of how many different games some of these tracks have been in.
          -Largely unmemorable music compared with other Ridge Racer games.
          -No online play, is this acceptable in this day and age?
          -Framerate drops, in spite of the game being only 30fps and not particularly jaw-dropping graphically (3D aside).

For someone like me who loves these games, it was worth buying the console just for this game. It's not perfect though, as I've noted above.

Comment

I knew that "Radiance" sounded familiar...

Comment

Just managed to 100% this as well, tonight... The Rally-X car just takes the piss.
              Kinda disappointed in it all now looking back what with all the hours I put into this.
              Now I will have to wait for Mario Kart for my next driving fix.

Comment

Working...
              X