No announcement yet.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished this with Zangief and T Hawk on Hardest last night, I love using such characters, especially Zangief, I won one round perfect using him, and nearly won a few others perfect. If they knock you down, soon as you get up - spinning pile driver. If you knock them down, soon as they get up - spinning pile driver! And it's pretty much the most powerful special in the game, so you can trade blows with anyone.

I used 1 continue with Zangief and 0 with T Hawk, though i did use the touch screen to pull of supers etc when it was close. It only levels the playing field against the CPU anyway.

Comment

I'm getting this since everyone seems to have it, it played okay when I briefly had a go at the pre launch but I haven't seriously played any SF since SF2 CE on the Megadrive and then when the first SF2 came out on XBLA but I mostly played single player on that than online. Has much changed, I know there's loads of new characters which I might ignore but apart from that am I gonna feel at home?

Comment

Hardcore fans would argue otherwise but really not much has changed. SF4 has always largely been a remake of SF2 more than a true sequel though I give props to this one, I've already played it for longer than the console version

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy View Post
          I'm getting this since everyone seems to have it, it played okay when I briefly had a go at the pre launch but I haven't seriously played any SF since SF2 CE on the Megadrive and then when the first SF2 came out on XBLA but I mostly played single player on that than online. Has much changed, I know there's loads of new characters which I might ignore but apart from that am I gonna feel at home?
          Any fan of SF2 has to get SF4! I loved the first version on the 360, unlocking the extra chracters was great. You don't have to do that in SSF4 though, which is a shame as it gives you less incentive to replay it. Some of the new characters are great, though i don't like the new female chracters very much, I think Chun Li and Cammy are enough really, maybe Rose at a push. They're all the same height and build and the fighting techniques etc aren't nearly as varied as the mens, just seems a bit too PC to me.

I think it's incumbent upon you to either get this, or get SF4 on 360/PS3 and then get this. There's certainly other 3DS games I prefer to this in many ways, as I've hammered (S)SF4, but for a new challenger, then this is probably the best.

Comment

I'm absolute rubbish at this. Only ever played SF2 a little, and I would have been younger than 10 in those days, so it's not like I had any skill.

Any tips for a begginer? I'm playing through the challenges with Ryu at the moment, and that seems to be helping, but I'm finding some of them pretty challenging. It's the timing and analogue stick movements I struggle with. I still can't even quite reliably pull off a shoryuken, I don't think I quite get the pad movement. Don't even get me started on the special ones where you have to do two down, downfoward, forwards and 3 punches or something. I don't even know if you have to press all 3 punch buttons or hammer it 3 times or what, I just occasionally fluke it and don't know how I did it.

It's great fun, but I don't think I'll ever really be competent, let alone good at it.

Comment

If you're good at other games there's no reason why you can't get good at this, just a question of practice. I'd use the training mode and make sure you're good at all the moves, make sure you're good at blocking (in SF2 I spent time just blocking opponents attacks to make sure I was good at it). Depending on the chracter, a counter attacking style works well, just block all their attacks and watch for openings (I think I've beaten Seth on hardest with just about every chracter, either in Arcade or Versus mode because I know his attacks so well and worked out what moves to use against him for each chracter). The last thing you want to do is leave yourself open to Supers etc.

As for timings, just after they've used a special/super, or they or you have just got back up after being knocked down are the best times to unleash hell!

Comment

I'm selling this on today having worked through all the ending and about 200 of the figurines. I'm never going to try and perfect my play style on the 3DS version and I've seen everything now so it's time to go however this is definately the version of SF4 that I've spent the most time with and enjoyed the most which is a massive recommendation given my misgivings with SF4 generally

Comment

Some Spot Pass action from Capcom yesterday. A password to unlock a figurine.

Comment

I feel slightly guilty for being able to effortlessly execute FADC to Ultras on SSFIV3D when I'm nowhere near close to being able to do this on the home console versions...

Comment

Working...
                    X