Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego star wars iii 3ds

Hi folks,
    purchased this title yesterday after i sent a message to neostuey,who's mini reviewsold it for megraphics are rather good.The 3d depth is rather subltle in places but does the job with the first level showing 3d depth and structure.I like the way the enemies laser fire comes towards the screen aswell as the collection of studs ect that fly towards you as they are gathered.The cut scenes are done well if a little bit blocky but humerous none the less.The soundtrack and sound effects are really impressive,really atmospheric and orchestrated.It also plays well enough off the circle pad and touch screen.I think free play opens up on completion, as this is the first lego title i have played(correct if i'm wrong).Overall quite impressed with this title as i think it suites an hand held more so than a xbox 360 or ps3(which i both own).
    I would recommend this title as there is plenty of replay value and if you are a lego fan,star wars fan or a first timer like me.This title definitely gets the thumbs up from me

Cheers for the impressions Ed. Have you tried any flying levels yet? If so how do they play?

Comment

Does this have the "comedic" sequences at the start and end of each level like the console version?

I'd still buy it on PC/Xbox/PS3, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Does this have the "comedic" sequences at the start and end of each level like the console version?

I'd still buy it on PC/Xbox/PS3, just curious.
        Yes it does

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
          Cheers for the impressions Ed. Have you tried any flying levels yet? If so how do they play?

Yes Dave i've completed one stage of the flying levels and it play well enough,just a simple space flying stage where you have to fend off the attacking squadrons and take out the big guns on a cruiser

Comment

Well I enjoyed that, 24 hours and 39 minutes later all cleared, well apart from a couple of characters, which I'm guessing without reading the manual I have to unlock using my play coins. Like BIG EDD this is the first time I've played a Lego title and I have to agree it feels nice on this handheld in 3D.

It's a nice game to chill out too as you're never really under any pressure and revisiting the level allows you to get the hidden minikits and red bricks that may have been inaccessible before. The graphics on the whole are nice and the sound is very good drawing from the Star Wars soundtrack and effects. The flying sections are okay and have two styles, one a traditional free roam and one on rails for direction of travel a la Star Fox. They're fun enough, the flight controls are by default the wrong way round but you can change the settings to suit.

Now that I've finished, I'm going to go back to Samurai Warriors as I've yet to unlock the street pass features in that. I'm sure I'll revisit this in future when I want to just chill and enjoy the Lego Star Wars universe in 3D again.

Comment

Has anyone who has played the previous Lego Star Wars games played this? The impressions from the first-timers sound nicely positive so I'm tempted to pick it up but I'd love to know how it feels taking the earlier games as a base?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Has anyone who has played the previous Lego Star Wars games played this? The impressions from the first-timers sound nicely positive so I'm tempted to pick it up but I'd love to know how it feels taking the earlier games as a base?
                I've played the 360 demo(before my slim packed up )and the 3ds feels and looks close to the 360 version if not better due to the impressive 3d

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. The last few portable Lego games have been isometric cut down affairs nothing like the big console versions. The older PSP Lego games were real conversions of the full game so if this is like that then I am picking this up asap

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was curious about too. I knew the 3DS version was done by a different studio so was wondering if it was a cut-down version.

Comment

I don't think you'll be disappointed lads if you pick this up as you still got the main game hub where you can unlock characters at the shop,go to the change character clothing room and unlock mini games which are hidden on certain levels as there is a mini arcade room above the shop am really impressed by this hand held conversion.would be nice if someone with lego games on the big consoles could give their feed back??

Comment

I was wrong,free play becomes available when you complete a level DOH!!.I like the idea of buying new characters with different abilities to collect the mini kits and red bricks hidden in the levels.Out of the five games I've bought on the 3ds,this has engrossed me the most

Comment

Cheers Edd for the info on this. Picked it up yesterday (?33 at Granger Games btw, great prices there on 3DS) and love it. It's deffo the real deal full Lego Star Wars rather than cut down rubbish seen on last Indy Lego on PSP.
                          The graphics are probably the best and most detailed I have seem on the 3DS. It looks higher resolution to the other games and the 3D is the icing on the cake. Gameplay is same as I know n love. It never gets old collecting those Lego nubs. Also nice you can switch characters with touchscreen or buttons. Always prefer using buttons myself.
                          Looking forward to putting some time in on this over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                            Cheers Edd for the info on this. Picked it up yesterday (?33 at Granger Games btw, great prices there on 3DS) and love it. It's deffo the real deal full Lego Star Wars rather than cut down rubbish seen on last Indy Lego on PSP.
                            The graphics are probably the best and most detailed I have seem on the 3DS. It looks higher resolution to the other games and the 3D is the icing on the cake. Gameplay is same as I know n love. It never gets old collecting those Lego nubs. Also nice you can switch characters with touchscreen or buttons. Always prefer using buttons myself.
                            Looking forward to putting some time in on this over the weekend

No problem Dave glad you like it and may the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              No problem Dave glad you like it and may the force be with you
                              The force is strong with Dave but he's not a Jedi yet.................

Comment

Working...
                              X