[3DS] Puzzle Bobble Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[3DS] Puzzle Bobble Universe

As a fan of the Bust-A-Move games thought i would give this a shot for the ?12.99 Game wanted for it.

The game only consists of 2 modes Puzzle and Challenge, it is clear this game has been rushed out for the 3DS launch window as it is missing a lot of the content BAM fans are use to.

Puzzle is more like your story mode you have to beat a set of 10 levels and a boss battle to free one of the trapped characters. This involves you clearing the screen as quick as you can. The boss battles are the most pointless thing i have ever seen in a BAM game all they require you to do is hold down a button. I kid you not i completed this in under 2 hours.

Challenge is more of a score attack you are given a time to score as much as you can.

Have to say after the great DS games this is a huge let down, no multiplayer, online or any special modes but the biggest sin is the lack of a real endless mode as the challenge mode does not work exactly like the usal endless mode.

The game does have some of the best 3D i have seen so far on the 3DS and a nice sound track of remixs of the BAM theme tune.
    Last edited by The Mole; 28-05-2011, 22:15.

I am only playing in short bursts but am enjoying it. Agree on the boss fights. Later ones add extra bomb types to make it harder but if you rescue your friend the rapid fire makes it easy. Bit of added challenge to do it fast in order to unlock the awards I suppose.

Seems very easy though...after 4 worlds ive not got close to failing, recued the friends and killed the boss.
    Maybe challenge mode i where the lasting play will be found?

Comment

go this from game for ?7.99 (had ?5 on a reward card to get money off the ?12.99 asking price). Finished within a few hours like The Mole. I always enjoy these games but this was particularly challenge-less, even less challenging than monkey ball 3ds.

still, got ?17 trade in at HMV so played and finished it and made ?9.

Comment

Working...
      X