Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more heroes : heroes' paradise [demo]

I'm on a phone so this'll be brief:

First the good. Feels pretty good slashing enemies and watching them split down the middle. Insane amounts of blood!

Sadly that's the only good stuff for me. Tutorial dreadful. Why can't I swish my move controller to swipe my katana? Move control loses calibration immediately and no amount of recalibration fixes it. Considering how bland it is in terms of textures it's surprisingly janky. Framerate stutters and plenty of screen tear.

Style over substance and I don't even like the style.

Apologies if there's already a first play. Hard to search using tapatalk.

From a certain POV, this is a bad game. Levels are boring, hit detection is weird and the tech is unimpressive. I'm not playing this with Move, as I lose calibration in about every game. I just hate the thing. DS3 feels good and accurate enough. As with Killzone, why make the gameplay harder by using waggle?

What I like is the atmosphere, blood and humour. But I never play more than one stage, gets too boring.

But believe it or not this game runs far better than the Japanese edition did so for me this version is actually a step up.

Comment

I admit I do kinda actually like it. It feels like a little pet project though. I wish they'd have put more effort in and turned this into something a bit special.

I found the move controls to be superb on killzone 3, Socom too. This one does almost no calibration though so no wonder it goes wrong instantly. It doesn't actually matter much because there's no precision required in the movement of the controller.

Comment

Ive near enough finished it with the move, i had no problems at all felt accurate enough for me. Ive got to say this game is a ton of fun to play and very cool. its shallow but so what, sometimes you need some trashy fun.

Comment

As a veteran of the US Wii version, I thought the demo was pretty good. Glad I can play it with a standard pad and get rid of my Wii. Along with Muramasa coming to PSN (allegedly), there's now longer any reason to keep my Wii.

Comment

Sin and punishment 2 is reason enough to keep your wii .

Any way what console's does travis keep in his house now in this version?

Comment

Originally posted by S_rank View Post
              Sin and punishment 2 is reason enough to keep your wii .
              Cripes! Forgot about that!

Comment

Originally posted by S_rank View Post
                Any way what console's does travis keep in his house now in this version?

Comment

Quality!

Notice they don't show the monster rig power supply needed to juice that baby - three massive fat AC adapters so big you'd need at minimum a 5x plug adapter, since they can't sit side-by-side on a 3x extension.

Comment

Just to confirm, the UK one is the uncensored one right? Same as Red Zone?

Comment

Yup! It is

Comment

Working...
                      X