Under Siege (PSN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Siege (PSN)

Surprised there isn't already a First Play on this as it's a really decent console RTS and only costs ?7.14 on PSN+

Been playing it with the Move and Navigation controller and it really is well suited to this, Move acts as the cursor and main buttons for selecting troops and pointing them where to go etc, you can rotate the camera by tilting it left or right, holding down the trigger and using the analogue on the Navigation controller zooms in and out, this controller is also used for assigning short cuts on the d-pad.

Gameplay wise so far it's your typical simplified console RTS, you have to prep your battles, select and place your troop types, upgrade them, choose how many in a unit, use funds for more troops etc, I'm sure they'll be more to it than this but I'm still quite early into the game as it is very challenging even early on.

The story is told through artwork cutscenes and characters on the battlefields. Graphics are quite nice as well with some lovely lighting.

It also has a decent number of options and features for a PSN title:

Single player campaign
    Online matches including co-op
    2 player split screen
    Leaderboards
    A Map Editor
    Custom Soundtracks
    Photo option on the XMB
    Invites
    Voice & Video chat

Overall it's a decent and polished console friendly RTS, well worth what I paid for it so far. Anyone else bother getting this?
    Last edited by Phar; 13-06-2011, 21:57.

I've bought it. Used the PSN+ promotion to get it slightly cheaper as you have pointed out.

Other than watching the opening trailer (which is very well done I think) I have not invested any time in it so far.

I believe the Developer will provide d/l content in the near future (one of the Dev team posts on NeoGaf).

It'll be interesting to read any views from people who have invested some time in it.

Comment

Yeah noticed an option to download maps, hopefully we'll start seeing some decent user created stuff. So far it doesn't seem like a hugely complicated RTS, haven't noticed any sort of resource management or having to build anything, it's more of a organize your troops and keep an eye on how multiple battles are going on and whether to send reinforcements that sort of thing.

Comment

7/10 from Eurogamer.

Here ...

On the long-awaited return of the PSN Store, Kristan discovers a clutch of decent exclusives including RTS Under Siege, adventure Red Johnson's Chronicles and r

Comment

Working...
        X