SSX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superfunk
    I bought the PAL Xbox version of SSX3 yesterday, but in both 50 and 60Hz modes it's got the horrible frame skipping problem.
    I just heard from Finnish game magazine Pelit (Games) editor that they had found out (while doing game video recordings at a studio) that most PAL Xbox games run in 50Hz even if you choose Xbox's 60Hz mode. If the PS2 and GameCube versions of a game have only 50Hz mode, you can be pretty sure that the Xbox version doesn't either have 60Hz mode. Xbox's 60Hz mode option for all PAL games was really something too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
      I'm near the end of Peak 2 now...

but can someone please tell me how the hell you pull off a level 3 Uber move? I've built up the bar to Super Uber, yet my moves are still only level 2 ones...

Bah.
      You have to buy level 3 ubers under Uber setup in the Rider details section at the lodge (or under player options for single and online) and then assign them to each of your grab buttons (L1, L2, R1, R2 L1 & L2, R1 & R2). Its not enough to just buy the uber, it has to be selected.

Only one type of uber can be assigned to each button so you just replace a level 1 / 2 uber with a level 3 uber. Then you perform the move in exactly the same way, build up the UBER bar as normal and then perform the level 3's to fill the SUPER bar.

Hope thats what you meant.

I'm busy trying to memorise the Monster tricks at the moment so that I get get bigger bonuses for the slopestyle and half pipe runs.

Without a doubt I can honestly say this is the most addicted I've been to a game in ages, more so even than KOTOR . After getting this on Friday I lost the entire weekend to it, stopping only to eat and sleep, just so I could level Zoe as fast as possible. The online aspect is fantastic for forcing you to strive for better scores and times.

I love this game

Comment

yup I'm hooked on this now also - went for the xbox version and its simply the muts nuts

Regards,
        Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by YKA
          Xbox's 60Hz mode option for all PAL games was really something too good to be true.
          No one ever said there would be a 60Hz mode for all PAL Xbox games.

Comment

So has anyone bought a Cheat Character at the Lodge yet? I don't have a clue how to use them Any help would be nice I love my shiny new SSX 3000 board though

Comment

Its somewhere on the rider profile screen, under cheat characters from memory. Just select the character, then when you start again you will apppear as whatever it is you have.

Comment

Ah yes excellent

I can't believe there is so much stuff to do!! I ain't moving on to a new character until I get it all finished with my first guy. I just love the races down the whole mountains!!!! 30 odd min races are never boring when the whole track is different the whole way down!!! Its not the same as GT3 60 lap races, its fun...

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                  Also i often find i have to switch between anolog and d-pad control. Analog when i want to turn on the snow and then the d-pad when i want to do spins in the air.
                  That's what I always did when playing SSX Tricky (ps2 version).
                  I don't think it's easy doing that with a gamecube of xbox controller.

I think i'll buy the ps2 version, for the controller and the online mode.

Comment

I also did that too. Gives you full spin speed at all times, nice way to get better scores if you don't do it that way already.

I just got a nice effect for my character, anyone who is on Peak 3 should know about them, its pretty damn cool.

Comment

anyone got any decent hi-res [1024*768] screens of SSX3?

Neil.

Comment

Also has anyone played the GBA version?

Comment

I was off for a week from work and seriously was consumed by this game. I got the PS2 version. To access a cheat character you just have to go the menu in the lodge and select them. I've opened up everything, my real goal as of late is to take the damn gold medal on Intimadator?

Why is november such and expensive month?

Comment

Aye i second that - I got this last week and Mario Kart this afternoon - Bit dissapointed with Mario Kart tbh but this is soo addictive and fun it's untrue. I'm constantly striving to pull of the sickest madest combo ever. Great stuff ^ ^

Comment

Well I've got all but 2 secret characters - one you get from 100%'ing the game, and the other requires you to buy all the trading cards. So far I haven't netted enough cash, though it's quite easy to just do a few events a few times over (you can keep winning money from the same event).

And it took me absolutely aaages to find the Big Challenges, because I thought there was a glowing green thing for every challenge in an area. Turns out that some glowing green column of light thingies hold 2 or 3 challenges...

Tricky...

And what are the Monster Tricks? I've had that come up a few times but I'm not sure what they are...

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                                And what are the Monster Tricks? I've had that come up a few times but I'm not sure what they are...
                                A monster trick, is a trick named after one of the bands that have a music track in the game. Basically they are ubers mixed with various spins and flips.

Look under Career Highlights. There are 24 (I think its 24) different challenges you must accomplish, such as handplant for 3 seconds, for 5 seconds and for 8 seconds. Each time you complete a challenge it will provide you with a description of a monster move. Monster tricks give you a healthy points bonus when you do them, nice for the style games. The higher the uber level involved, the higher the bonus given. Bonuses drop in value each time you repeat the move.

Comment

Working...
                                X