Renegade Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renegade Ops

Has anyone else had chance to play this? it really is superb! I feel like it may go unnoticed due to all the recent amazing releases..phew, after the total lack of games, they all seem to be coming in thick and fast now. Anyway the demo is on 360 and PS3 now so well worth a go!

The game is a top view style shoot em up, sort of in the style of Dead Nation, you know, a blow em to bits twin stick shooter. Drive your jeep around shooting things and doing simple kill and destroy, fetch missions. The main draw here is how well it looks and how simple and loud the game is. Turn up the amp, make sure the sub is on full notch switch on your big tv sit back and kill stuff! I have only played through the demo, but to start with you drive a jeep then later on there appears to be a mission in a helicopter. Enemies drop health, they also drop weapon upgrades.. the usual stuff, but it seems to be done so well. I think you can play this co-op online, so that is awesome if you have some mates to hook up with.

What Sega says.....

"Players have the choice to fight alone in single player mode, team up offline with two-player split screen or join the dynamic 4-player online co-op experience. Blast your way through enemy lines by working together, or compete for achievements as you and your friends aim to top the online leader boards. Unleash your full arsenal of weapons and destroy anything that stands in your path as you battle to protect the free world in any way possible"

If anyone else has bought it and played through the full version, lets hear your views!

Well i tried the PS3 demo and gotta say it's awesome, reminds me of a few games , like assault heroes crossed with Swiv for the helicopter bits, the graphics are absolutely stonking , they say it uses the Just Cause 2 engine and its shows,beautiful ain't the word to describe this, and the gameplay really stands out and shines, it's not meant to be to long but for 7.99 if your a PS+ member it's bargain, even full price seems right, download just got serious.

Comment

I tried the demo last night. It was pretty brilliant and I'm only opting out for now because I'm saving pennies (downloading the demo may not have been a solid idea).

I chuckled at how it cheekily cuts out a few seconds after getting in the helicopter. I let out a little yelp at how lovely it was to control then BAM! Trailer with pretty explosions in my face!

It's pretty much Desert Strike with a focus on destruction over objectives. I loved stuff like the depth of field effect on the visuals, it all feels lovely and solid. Great stuff!

Comment

Ok i caved and purchased the game, and its even better than the demo, the handling is just spot on and plays more like a shoot-em-up , with the speed of your vehicles zipping around at, and heres the controversy oooohh errr missesss, Eurogamer game Radiant Silvergun the game of the week but they was wrong ( waits for flames ) , and this from somebody who has RS on Saturn and aint selling it i love it that much, renegade ops will be a classic one day.Buy this game NOW.

Comment

dont know how i missed this, but tried it over the weekend and loved it.
          as mentioned above, plays like a HD version of desert strike, and old 80s game Jackal.
          the amount of destruction is amazing. the only negative points are the sound glitches out sometimes, and when the jeep gets stuck it can be hard to get out of a corner.

the story of course is a load of bunkum, and the dialogue cheese on toast, but is just a whole load of old school fun.

in team america style, i was tasked with saving a village getting torched, so i rolled in, activated my airstrike killing all the bad guys but also destroying all the villagers buildings!

Comment

Gotta love Bryant and his old school cheese gruffness, think it suits the game its so OTT and just downright fun.

Comment

Like when Natasha says we could sneak into the base, Bryant says We dont know sneaking just get in and blow $h1t3 up

Comment

Anyone know when this is due for the pc, just says September on steam.

Comment

Was playing some co op last night, it really is a blast :P only got to the 3rd stage as i want to make it last. I reckon there is a fair amount of re-playablility in it as you can level each character up and play around with the unique specials each character has. I love the flame thrower!

Comment

i found myself going 'woooah!' loads last night as explosions fill the screen.
                    hope they support this with dlc. can see a decent micro machines style racing game spin off from this too?!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Anyone know when this is due for the pc, just says September on steam.
                      Itt's a bit strange that. The only place that seems to have a date up is Greenmangaming who are showing this Friday (23rd) - whether that's accurate or not is anyone's guess though!

If you need a copy I've got a spare left over from a Steam 4 pack if you're interested? works out at a fiver copy rather than the ?9.99 it normally sells for.

Comment

Tried the demo out this morning n the 360 - great fun

Comment

I'll take you up on that tom-nook. You have pm!

Comment

Was just in my local GAME and they had the Full Game download card in stock ?9.99 (1200=10.60) good if you wanna do some trades for it.

Comment

Next months DLC? Gordon Freeman!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X