No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked and saw that the Japanese PS3 re-release is down for release in late October according to Play-Asia. I hope that we don't actually have to wait until then...

Originally posted by mugetsu View Post
    Any of you watch Epicnamebro's youtube lore on dark souls series? its extremely good and the game is just so so much deeper than a lot of people think.
    he's aready uploaded 2 new video's from the artorias of the abyss edition.
    ENB is a good guy - was watching all of his stuff as I was playing through the first time and I love that he's still finding new stuff to chisel away at.

Comment

Anyone playing on PC have any idea how to get my 360 controller working with Dark Souls?

Comment

PC players should make sure they grab this unofficial patch, allows you to actually select resolution.

A fan-made mod for Dark Souls on PC has fixed the game's rendering resolution. Eyebrows were raised earlier this month …

Comment

3 hours in and I've just taken the second bell in Blighttown, as well as taken out the Moonlight Butterfly.

This is just with pure keyboard controls - They actually work really, really well all things considered.

Comment

Just finished this. Utterly fantastic. 101 hours and level 90 at the finish.

Comment

Soul farming / Sunlight medal farming is FUN!

I'm part of the Warrior of Sunlight covenant, and quite a lot of people on the PC version are currently at Sen's Fortress / Iron Golem fight.

The lightning spear spell you get for joining the covenant is INCREDIBLE against the Golem so I'm just standing here, planting my summon sign, getting summoned repeatedly, and getting the rewards + humanity + souls for the fun of it.

Comment

Because of all the talk this has been getting lately, I started playing it again today. Was quickly reminded of why I love this game.

Never got past the four kings. Seeing as I had spent my experience points all over the place, I needed some grinding to get my character up to a decent level. Placed my summon sign by the bonfire before Ornstein & Smough. On one of my summons I got paired up by two higher level characters (as usual), and we ran around killing some knights and all was well. In the hall before the white fog, the host got killed by one of the giant guards. After being returned to my world, I immediately placed my sign again. A few minutes later, I got summoned again. I was met by the same two guys from before. When I got there, the host approached me and got down on his knees before me, as apologising for dyeing the last time. I was speechless. My repertoire of moves isn't as adaptable as I would have liked, so I responded with "Praise the sun". We proceeded towards the boss. Got through the hallway with ease this time. I died during the boss battle, but the encounter was still one of my most touching online experiences so far.

On my next summon I got paired up with two higher level guys again. After the usual bowing and greeting, we went on to kill the dark knights around the bonfire area. Suddenly the game alerted us of an intruder. At this time we were in the courtyard right above the bonfire. All three of us stopped where we were. We immediately gathered in the middle all looking a different direction. Stood there for a couple of minutes, before slowly moving towards the boss room. Without having any text or voice to communicate, all of us still knew exactly what was going on, and what was expected of each other. When we met the dark invader, I quickly got slaughtered like a helpless lamb, but neither that detracted from the awesome moment we had earlier.

Comment

That sounds amazing Alex. Reminds me a bit of feeling I got playing portal 2 coop with gestural comms only. There still a decent amount of folk playing console versions online?
                  Last edited by Golgo; 26-08-2012, 14:09. Reason: Wrong name! Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                    Anyone playing on PC have any idea how to get my 360 controller working with Dark Souls?
                    Is it wireless? The usb cable charger will not work. You either need an official wireless adapter for the pc or buy a wired controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      There still a decent amount of folk playing console versions online?
                      Oh definitely. I hardly wait any longer than five minutes before being summoned.

Comment

Just got killed by an invader in the early hours of my NG+. Afterwards he sent me a message saying "Bitch haha". At first I wanted to reply that he was an immature dick, but then I came to my senses and replied "I know you are, but what am I?". Seems this really got him off, his next message called me a faggot and whatnot.

Comment

You should play against Japanese players. I was dong some pvp with the ring the talking cat gives you and each time I was slain the plays bowed after my death as if to say good fight.
                          I also got a mail for. One of the fights and he then joined me and helped me through the next part of the game and gave items and ****. Cool.

Comment

3 humanities on the corpse at Firelink? Pah! You PC guys are getting off easy

Next thing you know Taurus will be carrying a pillow instead of an axe!

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            There still a decent amount of folk playing console versions online?
                            I've been on and off the Xbox version the last few weeks and it still seems reasonably populated. Question is how many of those players are PvPing and / or have been lured away by the PC version. But I've been busy faffing around with a level 10, 60ish and 110ish level characters and I still get plenty of invasions, assists and summons so I reckon you should be alright.
                            Last edited by Riskbreaker; 26-08-2012, 17:26.

Comment

I love it when people bow :-)

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                              You should play against Japanese players. I was dong some pvp with the ring the talking cat gives you and each time I was slain the plays bowed after my death as if to say good fight.
                              I also got a mail for. One of the fights and he then joined me and helped me through the next part of the game and gave items and ****. Cool.

Comment

An embarrassing admission of mine is I still don't have a clue about how the feck making better weapons and stats work even after 50 hours play. Does anyone know a reliable guide for such a thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X