No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't use the Gaping Dragon as a meter because it was rather stupid in the first version of the game as well. I've found the "old" bosses to be in very sharp contrast to the "new" bosses, because the bosses in

Oolacile and beyond

fight much, much harder than the Lordran bunch.

Comment

I'm only on my first playthru and I must say I felt embarrassed for

Four Kings and Gravelord Nito

, whom I just spanked in a single session, on account of their astonishing feebleness. Didn't feel that with any prior bosses, with exception of the

glitter moth

. I'm level 70-ish with melee/STR build with stone armour and black knight's sword at +5, some magic and pyro thrown in as a sideline, but I wonder now if the new patch isn't just flattering me?

Comment

Maybe, or you're some kind of Dark Soulin' genius? Seem to remember having a similar setup on my first playthrough, and I practically went bananas trying to beat

The Four Kings

. But then, I finished it before the patch even hit, cos I'm dead rad like that.

Oh and B_K, you're correct about Gaping Dragon. I later remembered that he was a cakewalk first time around, too.
        Last edited by crocky-chocky; 03-11-2012, 15:34.

Comment

Nito and the Four Kings

are incredibly easy for melee builds, especially if they have purely physical weapons. Anyway, had my go against
          today and, yes, they dumbed down bosses. Like
          he spent a lot of time walking around doing absolutely nothing. For this playthrough I skipped a lot of bosses

(yay for the Master Key!)

, I think I'll do them anyway just to see how much they ahve changed since my last run (which IIRC was before they patched the Bottomless Box bug).
          Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 03-11-2012, 15:40.

Comment

The bosses difficultly vary in respect to character builds. To be at level 70 at the 4 kings on first playthrough is probably to be a tad over powered anyway. I'd imagine a mage build at under 70 would probably have a harder time of it on that particular boss. Anyone who has been playing the new DLC can vouch for the fact the bosses certainly haven't been nerfed.

Comment

Yeah Jimmyboi I wondered whether I might have over-grinded/over-levelled myself, not that I ever set out to do so.
              Last edited by Golgo; 04-11-2012, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                I have completed the DLC and because I'm recording all cutscenes, I completed the current run to start another...have they dumbed down bosses?
                Yeah I think the game has been nerfed all round, bar the extra health for some enemies which is hard to notice. Been breezing through the game since starting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  Yeah Jimmyboi I wondered whether I might have over-grinded/over-levelled myself, not that I ever set out to do so.
                  I'm level 64 (melee build) and about to do Ornstein and Smough. Had a first crack at them on Friday night and didn't get whomped as badly as I thought I would, but I did get beat. Will try again tonight.

Comment

Just did

the Painted World of Ariamis

. Prettiest part of the game so far, I think. Enjoyed the

toxic bloaters

Comment

What to do? Buy a used PS3 Dark Souls and then the DLC to use my existing char (start of NG+), or buy it all off Steam for ?20.99 (Start fresh with gfx enhancer mod)?

Comment

Anybody know if the Prepare to Die edition for PS3 will read my original Dark Souls save?

Comment

It was discussed some posts earlier.

Comment

Nope.
                            If you want to carry over your Dark Souls save, then DLC is your only option. Prepare to Die Edition (retail) creates an entirely new save.

Comment

Ah okay. Will probably start a new game then.

Thanks for enlightening me, briareos!

Comment

Insta-death 'invisible' paths in crystal-ice caves now?!

Starting to wonder at the hidden reserves of masochism that are driving me to finish this...

Comment

Working...
                                X