No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. They will appear as summon signs when you are in human form.

Comment

Finished Dark souls last night.

I had been meaning to play the game for a while and finally got round to it on 16th July, after 8 weeks of play (114 hours save file) (my character was also lv 114) I beat the final boss last night. Great great game, but I'd rate it 9/10. For me it was lacking the x factor of something like Skyrim to really blow my mind. Looking fwd to the sequel.

I've gotta say, it's really not that hard at all and I don't understand why it has the rep it does. Once you're character is sufficiently levelled up, the rest of the game is a cake walk. Yes I know it get's harder on the next playthrough but I have no interest in that now that GTA V is out.

It's nowhere neat the level of difficulty of the Ninja Gaiden series.

I finished with 26/41 achievements, missed 5 bosses out (PTD version)
      Here's how I rated the bosses I fought-

Asylum Demon – easy
      Taurus Demon – tricky
      Bell Gargoyle’s – easy
      Moonlight Butterfly –easy
      Capra Demon – tough

Gaping Dragon – tricky/basically easy
      Quelaag – easy
      Ceaseless Discharge – piss easy
      Iron Golem – tricky / basically easy
      Lord Sif – pretty easy

Ornstein & Smough – very hard at lv 65/ once lv 100 easy
      Four Kings – easy
      Pinwheel – piss easy (victory first attempt)
      Gwyndolin – quite tough
      Priscilla – quite tough, seems like luck plays a big part

Firesage –piss easy (victory first attempt)
      Centipede Demon – tricky
      Seath – piss easy (victory first attempt)
      Gravelord Nitro – piss easy (victory 2nd attempt)
      Bed of Chaos - tricky, but basically easy

Gwyn - easy (victory 2nd attempt)
      Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 18-09-2013, 08:58.

Comment

Well yes, the ability to massively over level your character will make the game easy. I completed it at character level 30 something I think. Actually, it was a fair bit higher than that but nowhere near 100
        Last edited by Brad; 18-09-2013, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          Well yes, the ability to massively over level your character will make the game easy. I completed it at character level 30 something I think. Actually, it was a fair bit higher than that but nowhere near 100
          It's not a hard game imo.

Comment

You must just be a super awesome gamer then.

I do understand how you would come to that conclusion based on all the levels your character was at during the various boss battles. By not a hard game, what are you comparing it to?
            Last edited by Brad; 18-09-2013, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              Actually, it was a fair bit higher than that but nowhere near 100
              Me neither. I was Level 86 when it completed it which means the O&S fight I must have been around 72ish.

114 is very high for a first play through.

Comment

Not to mention that some bosses have been toned down between the first release and the DLC. When I did one more cycle when the DLC came out, Gwyn was noticeably slower and less aggressive than before.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Not to mention that some bosses have been toned down between the first release and the DLC. When I did one more cycle when the DLC came out, Gwyn was noticeably slower and less aggressive than before.
                  Really?! So he does not charge you within 3 seconds of entering his room?

Does this mean the DLC is dumbed down somewhat too?

My world was apparently cursed too, so when ever the player that cursed it was online my world was harder. Never did find his mark in my world.

Bastard game!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                    Really?! So he does not charge you within 3 seconds of entering his room?
                    I don't know about the DLC, made two runs through it when it came out and the challenge was great.

The Black Dragon and Manus

were a bit boring because of their slow and repetitive patterns, the opening fight was great, as well as

Artorias' and the world before Manus

However I found the boss in the original game easier, Gwyn and Sif are probably the two that received the biggest nerf; both weren't as relentless with their attacks, and Gwyn often went for a grab when I was well away from him. O&S were still a good fight, but the general feeling is that patches made most bosses easier.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      O&S were still a good fight, but the general feeling is that patches made most bosses easier.
                      So you would say needing to be level 100 to beat O&S after the patch then calling the game easy would make you........an attention seeker?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                        So you would say needing to be level 100 to beat O&S after the patch then calling the game easy would make you........an attention seeker?
                        I didn't need to be lv 100 for O&S, but I was having a tough time with em so I went and levelled up for a bit.
                        I know the game is easier if you are levelled up but that still means it CAN BE an easy play through, and therefore IS an easy game.

In a hard game there is no opportunity to over power your character to such an extent that boss battles are easy.
                        The only way to beat them is with skill.

If you think by making this point I'm an attention seeker, good for you.

Comment

If you think by making this point I'm an attention seeker, good for you.
                          Sorry, that may have been a bit harsh as you did play the game after the patch and had reached level 114 when beat it. I am sure the game lacked the challenge of those players who beat it before the patch at level 80-95.

If I remember Fuse beat it at level 77 before the patch. That is skills!
                          Last edited by 'Press Start'; 19-09-2013, 13:28.

Comment

I beat the game originally at somthing like level 89 I think, Dark Souls is a hard game but its one that requires skill rather than grinding so you can finish it at any level really if you get good at it.

Comment

The Souls games are all about setting your own challenge really. There are so many options if you're finding it too tough. Bring in helpers, level up yourself, forge some ridiculous weapon etc. I hate grinding so often end up taking 15 minutes to defeat a boss because I'm woefully underpowered. Took me nearly 20 minutes to take down Stray Demon as I was basically in my underwear (for speed of evading) and wielding a penknife.

Comment

I bought this on the steam sale. Does anyone have a very good character build they could share?

Any type of character is fine. Just looking for ideas to follow before I blow all my soul points.

Comment

Working...
                                X