Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    Last night was almost a waste of time. I got a spear and residence key and jobbie for mending things. The key helped as I opened the house below the stairs leading to
    which made the run faster. Got some actual armour and took him down on the third go thanks to the tips on here. Btw the plunge attack works in regular enemies too.

Now I'm kinda stuck though.

big red dragon thing

on bridge. Tip says to rush it. Tries that and got close but instant death when attack happens. Saw a couple of side bits I might be able to hide in. Will try tonight. Got a ring that let's you not lose anything when you die. Sadly ring breaks on first use lol.
    You don't

tackle the dragon head on, there is a staiway on the right side of the bridge that you need to go down

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      I have to say that you are wrong. In a massive way you are wrong. The bosses in this are awesome.

The Capra Demon has just killed me for about the 100th time and I enjoyed every minute of it.
      Proof, as people we are just polar opposites. IMO boss battles in this are too hard, mostly because they are 3D boss battles and secondly because the mechanics don't give themselves to this sort of thing. Attacking something where all you can see and reach (from the ground) are its toes, its just a bit strange.

Comment

I managed to get a bit further last night, was up till 3am lol, not done that in a game for a long time, since Phantasy Star Online I think. I managed to get

a cool bit of loot from that armoured boar, a helm which looks pretty bad ass

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          Complete n00b question - how do you kick? I know it explains it in the first area but I've forgotten already

Didn't realise you could drop things either, my inventory is a mess at the moment!
          If on PS3 it's push forward with left stick + R1. But it's got to be simultaneous or you'll just end up jabbing/swining your right-hand weapon. That said, if you're holding certain weapons - like Estoc - then kick is replaced by a weapon-specific move.

Comment

Is the stairway a little way along the bridge? Cos I can't open the door on the right at the start of the bridge.

Cheers.

Comment

It's on the right, roughly in the middle of the bridge, near the undead soldiers. Depending on how much stamina you have you should be able to do one sprint to it and get inside the staircase before getting burned.

Comment

I got burned but if you have enough health it shouldn't kill you outright. Only bit of the game I haven't liked as it doesn't seem like there is any way to get through unscathed...I guess I'm wrong on that but it wasn't possible with my character build.

I'm at the campfire above the first blacksmith still, what the hell is that thing down the stairs? Kicks my arse every time.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                  I got burned but if you have enough health it shouldn't kill you outright. Only bit of the game I haven't liked as it doesn't seem like there is any way to get through unscathed...I guess I'm wrong on that but it wasn't possible with my character build.

I'm at the campfire above the first blacksmith still, what the hell is that thing down the stairs? Kicks my arse every time.
                  Just stick to the left and run past it. Much easier than killing it at this stage.

If you lack stamina for the red dragon bit then run onto the bridge, then turn and run backwarads and then wait for the fire before running forwards..
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 08-10-2011, 10:38.

Comment

I can leg it almost to the end before it attacks so I could easily make it halfway. My dude is still in pants and a helmet!

Comment

Really enjoying this, got started last night and couldn't drag myself away until 5am, as soon as I woke I was straight back on it again.

It occured to me on the in the Undead Asylum that I still envy anyone who hasn't played this or it's predecessor. I'd hazard a guess that the first mini boss doesn't quite have quite the same impact for Demon's Souls vets as newcomers.

My reaction was to grip a broken hilt and charge in with a "Come on then!" ignoring all signs to the contrary, probably the polar opposite to the intended reaction

. Still I'm sure there's plenty of surprises ahead.

Even vets still get killed on a bridge by a dragon in different game!

I like the new humanity system and the way it ties into online play, being rewarded 1 humanity to help someone else defeat a boss is decent incentive to get players co-operating (or assassinating each other). Not quite sure how it works the rest of the time, having been rewarded +1 humanity on a couple of occasions for no reason whatsoever. It's only recently dawned on me that's it's not worth holding the humanity from items (same goes for souls), they're much better left in your inventory as a bank you can use when you really need it with much less risk of losing it along the way.

Comment

Any tips for the

Gargoyle

fight? If it wasn't for the

second one showing up

I could manage it easily

I think you occasionally get extra Humanity if another player dies right next to you. I also leave everything in my inventory until times when I need to spend them, much safer. Higher humanity does mean better luck\ more chance of good loot though.
                        Last edited by PeteJ; 08-10-2011, 17:38.

Comment

Just defeated my first invader and got enough souls to level up twice.Then five minutes later got cursed and it costs 6000 souls to lift.

Comment

You can get the stone needed to lift the curse for 3000 from the guy at the top of the tower after the Gargoyle fight.

Curses are a pan in this game!

Comment

AHAHA Just legged it past the
                              and made it to the bonfire behind it! That's made my life easier!

Comment

Th enemy pathfinding in this really is atrocious. I just killed a
                                (at least I think that's what it was), which I was nowhere near strong enough to do, purely because it was determined to keep bumping its face into a cave wall no matter what I did. So I just tickled it with a penknife from behind for a few minutes until it gave up...which resulted in me being awarded me a turd. Threw turd at a dragon who shrugged it off.

Really wish From had worked on enemy AI. Still, really loving the game. Just some some time to level up a bit...

Comment

Working...
                                X