No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect to FSW opting for the deprived. Brave choice indeed.

Comment

Made good headway into the depths...even the online started to work! Got invaded and was being pummelled but then he seemed to get stuck on the scenery and I killed him, took his barbed sword and 7000 credits...was crapping myself as I had a similar amount on me and only 2 flasks!

Now a new annoyance....was killed by a pack of rats...fair enough. While in my death animation a frog thingy jumped and cursed me! WTF!! Was careful to avoid the gas whilst alive but if I am already dead that takes the piss majorly!

Was trying to get back to what I assume is a boss as 2 summons signs were outside but with half health I think I will give it a miss! Any tips on finding a purging stone??

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
        Can't beat the Capra Demon...no room and 2 dogs is too much for me...waited by a summon sign for 15 minutes, no luck with that so might have to wuss out and give up on this. Was really starting to enjoy myself too
        So strange, I couldn't beat Capra, so I went human and found a summon immediately, we both went in and within a minute Capra got bummed. I enjoyed it too, and thought it worked well... Strange how it can be so different!

Comment

I did my first co-op! I summoned a fine lady and we went in to kill the gaping dragon. I died and that was the end of my 3 minute co-op! haha

I killed him after a few goes though. I also got invaded by dark spirit before in the sewers, Is this another human or one of those vagrant things? He was red like the black phantoms in Demon Souls. I am guessing it was just a AI invasion as my purge stone didn't work (I needed a bonfire badly!). God damn my heart was racing!! Killed him dead but no weapons dropped.

Just like Demon Souls a decent spear is a must IMO. Keeps the infectious monsters at bay and is good for narrow nooks and crannies!

I have plus 4 humanity and lots of usable humanity in my inventory, what do I do with it??

Comment

my humanity seems to randomly go up and down...back to zero after dying then randomly back up to anything upto 3. Then back to zero moments later

Comment

Hmm, could someone confirm I'm not screwing things up by

farming the humans after the weird celestial gate thing in Darkroot Garden? They give a LOT of souls but also make the same noise your character does on death, and instantly provoke an auto-save... Am I reading too much into this? I was just heading that way to get the Covenant from that route, but it seems almost too easy...

Now level 45, and enjoying kicking some ass - went through an entire area for the first time and took out the boss all without dying!

Comment

Some good progress on this today/tonight even if I say so myself. Managed to discover lots of shortcuts between Undead Burg/Firelink Shrine/Undead Parish. Have beaten quite a few mini-bosses, cheesed the Drake Sword, found three NPC merchants. There are quite a few paths/options open to me now.

Had a go at the Capra Demon twice. First time managed to kill the dogs but his attacks were strong! Second time I got hit immediately and things went downhill immediately. Should I concentrate on him or go upstairs in the church? That

necromancer

seems bloody scary.

Think the game has started to really shine after beating Taurus. Before him, it was all about grinding/learning the section between the first Undead Burg bonfire and him, but now whole areas have opened up, there's more choice in how to take on the game and the amount of progress is very satisfying. Having said that, I've not hit a crazy brick wall yet though I suspect it is literally around the next of those dark dank corners in this game.
                Last edited by Btang84; 12-10-2011, 01:43.

Comment

I also had my first phantom experience. I saw the markings on the floor and decided to let them in so to speak and we got to bell roof

where the bells are but got bummed by the gargoyles. How the feck do you take them out?

Could someone give some advice for them?

Comment

Don't go upstairs, there's lots of stuff up there waiting Also, by dogs do you mean the black soldiers? Cause you can lure them out without aggroing the boss. I got lucky, I tried to shoot the boss from near outside the church to give myself a headstart on him, he followed me outside but started acting weird. Wasn't attacking me, instead he was focused on retreating back inside the church and walking real slow too. So I got an easy kill :S

I managed to ring the first bell on top of the church and kill the butterfly boss, now I'm not sure what to use the key on that I got. I'm thinking go back to Firelink Shrine and head downwards...where those ghosts were. I'm scared of them

Comment

Killed the

gargoyles

by the bell tower up top. Thank feck.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        Re: selling items - I wouldn't throw anything away to be honest. Everything has a value this time, although I won't ruin the surprise.
                        Well luckily I have only been dumping things that I had lots of multiples of, so hopefullly things like the 10 cracked shields I threw away are not worth much

Comment

Any tips on finding a purging stone??
                          I backtracked all the way back to the Undead Parish and the guy in the belltower sells stones for 3000. Or the woman in the sewers (near firelink) sells them for 4000.

Adam - I found the next best route was

go back to the bridge with the dragon on, remember the door which was locked when you first got there? It's near the NPC with the sun on his shield. The key you got will unlock that door and take you to the next section. You can also go downstairs from the blacksmith and go through that area, I still haven't been able to clear the bosses down this path but the normal enemies aren't that tough.

Fuse - I unlocked that door last night. Not really what I was expecting. Is there a route through there or is it just a dead end? Tbh after failing to kill the first dude I just ran around looking for items. Found some ace armour but its fecking heavy!

Comment

Still can't find the shortcut out of blighttown, doesnt seem to be in my game!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                              Still can't find the shortcut out of blighttown, doesnt seem to be in my game!
                              The one that leads to the

Valley of Drakes? Get to the bottom of Blightown, in the poisonous swamps, and reach the bonfire there. With the bonfire behind you, turn right and you'll reach an other wooden area; the key to open the door to New Londo Ruins is here, on the top floors. Climb all the way to the top and you'll end in a tunnel. Exit the tunnel and you'll be in the Valley, the door to the Ruins is on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                The one that leads to the

Valley of Drakes? Get to the bottom of Blightown, in the poisonous swamps, and reach the bonfire there. With the bonfire behind you, turn right and you'll reach an other wooden area; the key to open the door to New Londo Ruins is here, on the top floors. Climb all the way to the top and you'll end in a tunnel. Exit the tunnel and you'll be in the Valley, the door to the Ruins is on the left.
                                Ok, except there is no key or a tunnel at the very top!

There is just a message asking if its a dead end.

Plus I die everytime I go to the valley of the drakes, is that the only shortcut?
                                Last edited by rmoxon; 12-10-2011, 07:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X