No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently making my way through the catacomb's. Taking it nice and slow, Skeletons don't give any souls so its

A kick of the cliffs for those buggers, no resurrection then either!

Just met the

Pin wheel skeletons and my doom!Keep dying as there are too many. Rubbish at magic too. Might beef up my intelligence and buy magic sword, see if that helps.

Toe to toe with the demon down there. I did so many cheap kills in Demon Souls I am glad I am toe to toe with the beasts in this game.

I have learned fireball from the pyromancer, I can't cast it though?? any reason why? I have armed it but my character (wanderer) just stares at his hand and shrugs. No Hadoken's for me?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      I'd like the guide but I also know it will contain less info the the online wiki and have more errors in it so it's a total waster of money. I still want it though.
      Its hard cover! can you resist?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
        No Hadoken's for me?
        Have you equipped the correct item for piromancy spells? It's different from talismans (miracles) and catalysts (sorcery).
        Have you attuned the magic at a bonfire? Can you attune the magic (enough spell slots)?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
          I have learned fireball from the pyromancer, I can't cast it though?? any reason why? I have armed it but my character (wanderer) just stares at his hand and shrugs. No Hadoken's for me?
          Did you buy the thingy you equip to cast pyromancies? I forget what it's called but it basically looks like a flaming hand, and you can buy it from the very same chap.

Can anyone tell me where the bonfire is at the bottom of

Blighttown

? Just had my first fight with
          and don't fancy that mammoth trek from the top on each attempt!

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
            Can anyone tell me where the bonfire is at the bottom of

Blighttown

? Just had my first fight with
            and don't fancy that mammoth trek from the top on each attempt!
            Reach

the swamp and continue along the stone wall (on the right). You'll find a drainage duct

with the bonfire in it.

[edit] Anyway, today I went to

Sen's Fortress

and reached the local boss. It was hard to find the second bonfire there and when I reached it I had no humanity to kindle it...but the place itself is amazing, with so many traps and hidden paths opened by interacting with the environment.
            When I saw the local boss I thought

it would have been a Tower Knight v2.0, only that the Iron Golem grabbed me while I was between his legs and tossed me out of the bridge.

I decided to tackle

Darkroot Garden and Basin though. The Moonlight Butterfly

was an absolute joke, at level 41 and a +2 greatsword, I killed it with few arrows and the first time it approached the bridge. Found the

Divine Ember after it and got a Divine Broadsword

, maybe I'll go to the Catacombs next.
            After the

Butterfly I went after the Hydra in Darkroot Basin. With the Rusted Iron ring I approached it without taking damage and despite dying once by falling into the lake, beating it was extremely easy, except the last part: just a couple of heads and it was hard to target them and I didn't want to waste arrows.
            Reached the Garden from the hydra's lake but then non-targettable knights killed me.

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 14-10-2011, 22:28.

Comment

Okay I think I am buggered. I went down the Catacombs then reached Great giants tomb.

I have come to this brilliant orange light and it says its sealed by the great lords power.

I can't go in, so do I have to trek back up to the surface? If the answer is yes I am never playing this game again! :P

Thanks for the advice with the hadokens. I thought that was a spell when in fact it was the catalyst! haha

Comment

Getting massacred by the bell gargoyles. Question:

The item which lets me call on Knight Solaire, is it a one-time use object or can I use it several times?

I haven't dared try :P

Comment

Originally posted by kingmobster View Post
                  Getting massacred by the bell gargoyles. Question:

The item which lets me call on Knight Solaire, is it a one-time use object or can I use it several times?

I haven't dared try :P
                  It isn't a one use item. Just be human and you can spawn him as many times as it takes.

Tip

keep close to the wall furthest away from the bell tower (where you spawn). The gargoyles won't jump as much and will appear to be more sedate

Comment

I have just realised I can hold a

Skull lantern things in my left hand and cast light in the catacombs. I got all that way just being able to see in front of my nose! . The decoy spell works well for those dog skeletons. Just cast it near an edge and off they go! . Try casting it near some fire too, watch the enemy attack it then get roasted

Getting back up isn't going to be too bad now. At least I helped the

Maiden and found nuff souls!!

Comment

I have hit a bit of a brick wall with Ornstein and Smough, I think I will go and do something else first, still plenty of things to tie up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                        It isn't a one use item. Just be human and you can spawn him as many times as it takes.

Tip

keep close to the wall furthest away from the bell tower (where you spawn). The gargoyles won't jump as much and will appear to be more sedate

Thanks!

Comment

kingmobster, if you were still having problems and you hadn't upgraded you main weapon yet head down to the blacksmith to the right after you go down the elevator below Firelink Shrine.

Today's the day I finally stop fannying around and find the second bell tower.
                          I was cursed for the first time last night. Going to keep at least two purging stones on me from now on.

Is there hideous slowdown on the PS3 when you go down the ladder next to the waterfall (leading to the

hydra sniping spot

?) On the 360 is drops to below 1fps for 5-10 seconds.

Comment

Managed to get a copy of the hardback LE guide today in store! Thanks for the tip Loftgroover got it for ?15

Comment

Just Got my hardback guide from gamestation for 14.99, last one too!!

Comment

A little update on a bug I've already wrote about: under certain circumstances my avatar would fail to perform the move I want, performing it later at the worst moment possible. Today it happened me thrice and with various actions (attacks and Estus Flask) in different locations against different enemies, so I don't know that triggers the bug, but: if the action fails to register the character can still move around (haven't tried to run or roll though) and the action is performed in placed of the next command.
                                For example: I attack, nothing happens; I press R1 for shield, the character attacks.

Has anyone noticed something similar?

Comment

Working...
                                X