Lord of the rings :War of the north PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the rings :War of the north PC

Got the pc version its pretty good fun (though obviously made for console first as there is a lot of xbox joypad button prompts)

i was a huge fan of snowblinds baldurs gate dark alliance though they had used the same engine and same sort of gameplay for along time upto the justice league heroes ps2 game

This game is a bit of a departure .Perspective is like the witcher 2 the game play is also a bit like the witcher 2 though alot easier and fighting a lot more enemies

Started playing as the mage character ...one attack for quick attacks and another for heavy attacks fairly easy to chain light attacks ...if a enemy is weakened a prompt will appaear and doing a heavy attack will finish them off (usually with a limb flying) and you get a exp bonus.The mage also has a range attack

when you level up you can increase your stats and get new abiltys the skill tree is laid out a bit like borderlands

graphics are rather good i thought nothing to set the world on fire but still looks fairly decent

Anyway so far it seems good fun but i suspect may get repetitive later on

I was hyped to be playing this this week with my uncle but the UK release has been put back to the 25th for no reason it seems.

Gutted.

Comment

yeah dunno why they did that its been out in the usa for a few days can be got on amazon.com or if you want the pc version its also on steam

Oh one thing that i found cool at the start of the game (which i REALLY hopes continues throughout the game ) is you meet up with strider (aragorn ) as he is waiting for the hobbits to arrive ...so i am hoping it shows things that happen that the film (and perhaps book) doesnt show
      Last edited by eastyy; 05-11-2011, 16:34.

Comment

Are there any villages or towns where you come back to sell your loot, buy better gear and get side quests, like in Dark Alliance? How about item crafting, is there any?

Comment

I recall reading in a review (ign?) that there is plenty of item drops, and merchants in town have lots of shiny things to buy. Not sure on crafting.

Still in two minds about this; have had a preorder for the pc version for months now, but I can't help thinking that if I wait until after Christmas it will be ?10.

Comment

This is actually keeping me away from Oblivion 2.0. Great presentation, decent combat, well paced and lovely atmosphere. Skyrim can wait.

Comment

Working...
            X