GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (PS3/360)

Just started playing the PS3 version: Reloaded. Some initial observations.

The graphics are an improvement on the Wii original, of course, however it's not always eye-poppingly gorgeous. It looks a little furry round the edges at times and then occasionally you will notice a change more profoundly. Maybe this is simply a reflection of how good the original Wii graphics were, I don't know. I'm obviously paying a lot more attention as I am trying to spot the differences between the ports, so it may not be any worse than previous 360/PS3 FPSes.

The multiplayer has been significantly added to. In particular the one map I tried was twice the size of the one on Wii. Not played enough yet to tell whether that's a good thing. There was more veritcality as well as more distance to explore.

Seems like a solid port, though, so if you haven't played the Wii game then you should give it a whirl.

The new Ops missions are sort of little sandboxes where you have to achieve a new goal within singleplayer spaces. Not the extra solo missions I was hoping for.

Could a mod edit the title to include the 360/PS3 games? Or alternately make my post the start of a new thread?
    Last edited by egparadigm; 08-11-2011, 09:33.

Not the best time to have released it sadly - VERY surprised Activision chose to send it to market within the same fortnight as MW3. What did they think it would accomplish?

Should have launched multi-platform last year when it was actually one of THE games to own for the holiday period. Now it's one of the games to pick up during the end of year sales. How sad

Comment

Yes, this may have been a bad decision. I suppose the attitudes of the forum members is not so typical of the broader buying habits of the public, so I hope they profit despite it.

Comment

Couple of bits of bad news...

The multiplayer is apparently very difficult to get a game on. I hope this improves and is not going to be drowned out by the popularity of CoD. I've never tried a multiplayer this close to release, so maybe I'm showing my naivety?

The splitscreen multiplayer appears to be in 4:3 and 480p. How cheap is that? Certainly very poor quality visuals, I haven't double checked the 480p statement as yet. Still, I suppose it's nice that the option is even there.

Comment

I swear the singleplayer gets better the more you play it. Mind you, that might be because I'm so accustomed to it and know where all the objectives are. This makes it less tedious and more stylish, I popping up and shooting them in the face as if I know where they're going to be.

I was pleasantly surprised by the character/face model for Sergeant Garcia – they were very generic looking on Wii, but now they have a very characterful face.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Not the best time to have released it sadly - VERY surprised Activision chose to send it to market within the same fortnight as MW3. What did they think it would accomplish?

Should have launched multi-platform last year when it was actually one of THE games to own for the holiday period. Now it's one of the games to pick up during the end of year sales. How sad
            Activision never learn do they . This is the 3rd yr in a row that they've released a Bond game so close to COD, only for it to drop to ?17.99 within a month or so due to poor sales. Shame really, as everyone has been pretty solid to play too.

Oh well, I'll pick it up in a months time, as I usually do

Comment

Yeah, great game on the Wii, shame about the time they released this HD update, way too many AAA titles out around this time.

Comment

Some more observations. I apologise that these are not fully formed descriptions, but as I have played the game it's difficult to experience it afresh.

I have noticed some small changes to the formula. Firstly I have noticed a couple of extra baddies appearing from time to time – like when you emerge under the dam on the first level and are sneaking on the metal walkways.

Second thing is that they have cleaned up some sticking points. I noticed this first on the Frigate level.

When you reach the loading bay, in the original release you encountered several waves of enemies, including some that appear from behind after blasting a wall open and abseiling in. On this playthrough the latter did not take place at all, which came as a big surprise.

Overall I think this one change was a mistake as I liked the feeling of jeopardy – even if it was frustrating on the hardest difficulty. Next there are also fewer waves of enemies when using the lift – this being more of a relief.

Finally, when you are escaping the frigate,

and the helicopter is firing at you,

I used to die frequently on this setting and it was all a bit mysterious as to how one was supposed to avoid the bullets and other threats to your safety. As far as I can tell, they have removed all risk of dying on this part. This could be seen as a bit of a cop out – i.e. they just turned off the threats rather than make it challenging but fair.

Pretty minor issues, though, and so far I'm enjoying it immensely. I feel so pleased for Eurocom that they have finally perfected their interpretation of Bond after so many years in the wilderness.

Comment

Only 3 people played this on here? I've been on it for the last week or so and while it is-okay- its not really as good as the other PS3 Bond games.Id played the first 2 hours or so on Wii and this is the better verson, definitely, however the gameplay is so repetitive and locations generic. Waves of enemies, all fairly stupid, then another. Occasionally you need to hack something with your phone or go through a vent. The Bond franchise really helps it but I don't care for the story at all.

Comment

really tried to like it, but sold it on after a short while - the single player was quite nice, but not worth the full price i payed

multiplayer was a real mess, both visually and gameplaywise

planned to pick it up again when it drops to around a tenner
                    Last edited by dvdx2; 19-01-2012, 11:15.

Comment

I got this for Christmas but sadly its been behind Uncharted 2,3, Sonic generations and HOTD Overkill and possibly Skyrim in the pecking order. I really enjoyed the Wii game so I'm sure I'll still get a lot out of it mind.

Comment

Had this on the Xbox for a couple of months really enjoyed the single player mode shame this got over looked

Comment

Started this one up too and it really is a decent visual update on the Wii game. It's pretty simple and even easier on a joypad than it was on a wiimote but it's still a fun little game.

Comment

Overall enjoyed this, the controller reduces the difficulty a massive amount with it taking just two medium length sittings to complete. Fun times though and well worth a cheap play through

Comment

I never played the Wii version on the remote, becuase it was about 500 times more fun on the classic controller pro. This plays exactly the same as the Wii version.

Didnt think either was too easy or anything though, Harder Difficulties are challenging and alot of fun and youre encoruaged to play on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X