The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    'm playing on normal and grinding is worthless as despite my low levelling I completely own most enemies anyway.
    Nyahaha. This will not last.

Comment

Going off the mission list I should get another 3 or so missions done easy and then I might start to hit a wall. Tonight, another Dragon falls.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
        I glanced all the way down to the river, and found her. Lying dead on the rocks. She'd obviously taken a tumble in the battle and fell to her death.
        Hope you skinned it, turned it in to leather, made armour from it and flogged it for the cash then

Bought a house in Markarth last night, the home is massive it's a manor home with loads of space for storage and a mannequin for displaying armour sets on, a bargain at ?8000 + upgrades, especially compared to the property prices in Whiterun.

Has anyone invested in the shops yet? Not seen that as an option so far, only noted it in the general stats.
        Last edited by MartyG; 16-11-2011, 09:20.

Comment

My friend had the best glitch I have so far witnessed with Skyrim last night. He had been playing a while and I guess he must have been finding it a bit tough compared to Oblivion/Fallout so he checked the difficulty level.....it was defaulted to Master

Comment

Anyone experienced the PS3 game save bug that apparently grinds play to a halt when cache exeeds certain size. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-file-bug-fix). I ask because I'm hanging out for this game but might wait if it's really an issue and not the usual Eurogamer trolling.

Comment

Has anyone invested in the shops yet? Not seen that as an option so far, only noted it in the general stats.
              Think this is related to a perk on speachcraft. Pretty high level if I remember correctly and speach seems to be one of the hardest to level for me!

Yesterday I stumbled upon a dragon shout location in the open world, it didn't get marked on the map and was completely undefended. Off I trundle to get my spoils when suddenly this named dude teleports in behind me and one-shots me! Bastard! I tried for about half an hour but could barely scratch him. Tough son of a bitch. I guess this was a

Dragon Priest?

I've seen something on them in a loading screen but that was the first encouner. Managed to get the Shout and sprint away in end.

Also got my first artifact, I look forward to fighting some undead later

Comment

I found a sword yesterday that's semi-transparent and ignores armour on enemies when it hits.

It is aces.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                  ignores armour on enemies when it hits.
                  Armour: OUCH! That totally hurt.

Sword: ...

Armour: I said that hurt. Dude, you really hurt me. Look.

Sword: ...

Armour: Oh, it's like that, is it? Well that's really bloody mature. Just about what I'd expect from a sword.

Comment

I personally don't see much point in the horses. The are good at climbing mountains but can't swim properly and run slower than a person so it usually takes longer to travel when you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      and run slower than a person so it usually takes longer to travel when you have one.
                      WTF?

Comment

If you hold down the sprint I think they're still faster than you can sprint on foot, so they're good for quick getaways.

But yeah, I prefer to walk. Can't really sneak up on each newly discovered location if you're on a horse. (level 25, sneak skill is now at 75... I've spent a lot of time crouched)

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                          WTF?
                          It's always been the same in elder scrolls games. Horses are slower than People on foot.

It's no doubt so the horse can't run away from you if startled, but it still means using one is generally pointless. Probably why no one complained that there weren't any in Morrowind.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 16-11-2011, 12:22.

Comment

if you want to solve all the "minor" jitteryness with the ps3 version turn off ALL the different save features as the game is basically saving every single time you do anything in the game.
                            since doing so i've not even had one single stutter anywhere in the game.................just remember to manually save when you feel you need to

Comment

My horse runs faster than me and sprints faster than when I sprint and sprints for longer too.

Last night, halfway up a frozen mountain in the middle of absolutely nowhere I found a book behind a rock and yes, reading it gave me a stat boost. If there's an achievement for reading all the book then completionists are gonna have a nightmare!

Oh, my display stutters (PC version) when I'm in a cave/dungeon, have flame equipped on both hands and look up and down at the celiling. It's fine outside or just generally looking around and if I disarm the problem goes away. I guess i should report this.

Comment

Yup, my horse is definitely faster than being on foot too. Couple it with it's amazing mountain climbing abilities and it's THE way to travel

Comment

Working...
                                X