The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    I seem to have at least stumbled across most of the games locations.
    Doubtful - after 70 hours I'm still finding new places and the last time I looked I was at around the 160 odd mark (I need to check the stats again for precise number), I've seen claims of 265 locations found, no idea how many there in the game in total, but it's definitely lots
    Last edited by MartyG; 21-11-2011, 09:40.

Comment

I dunno, my map is pretty full. I'm not saying I've explored them though

Comment

Worth exploring them, especially if you have two of the lock-pick abilities that give better treasure - there's always something decent at the end of it, which can be disenchanted, used or sold on.

I go and make jewellery with the dungeon raid gains, fancy gold and jewelled necklaces sell for a fair few gold - I'm going all Del Boy in Skyrim.

Will get that 100th skill point in archery this evening too I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post

Counting in reloads/redo's etc I probably clocked it in approx 25 hours. The first half of the main quest can be absolutely steam rolled though I eased off a lot in the later end. I do tend to keep on the move constantly and though there's plenty side missions left I seem to have at least stumbled across most of the games locations. My biggest benefit was my magical mountain climbing horse who very sadly died protecting me in battle after around 18 hours. The biggest recommendation I can give it is that it clocked up so many hours within a single week which for a single game to do for me is quite an achievement. Based on where I'm up to I think I could nail the side missions by hour 40-45.

Those holding off on the main quest

you can feel free to complete the missions if you're nearby as the game lets you continue after the end boss

Dont think you realise just how many side missions there are.

I have been playing about 30 hours and have already completed about 100 of them. and I already have about another 50 in my list to do, and I dont seem to be that far into the game at all either.

Comment

has anybody done the quest "The Only Cure" yet?

absolutely stunning dungeon in this one and its massive.

Comment

I know there's loads but I can't be faffed with the large number of fetch quests to get to the decent ones. Nothing that can't be explored with the DLC is ready to be played

Comment

Only just started playing this but the map seems quite smaller, perhaps smaller than Oblivion's map.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                  Only just started playing this but the map seems quite smaller, perhaps smaller than Oblivion's map.
                  It isn't. It's not quite as vast as Morrowind was, but there's a lot more space here than there was in Oblivion. It's more varied as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                    It does seem smaller at first, but its deffinitley not, at least not in regards to content anyway, the number of locations is huge.

Comment

This is pretty damn amazing timelapse of the world of The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim.

An enormous world rich in adventure, The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is remarkable in that its entire game world - meshes, …

Comment

With all the talk about 360 Skyrim not working if you install the game to HDD due to the game using the HDD as cache, I'm curious - what happens if you play the game on one of those HDD-less 4GB consoles?

Comment

I installed the game on my 360's hard disk and had been playing it for a few hours before I ventured online and read about the problems people had been having. I'm probably jinxing it but I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Comment

^Supposedly, the game does not load the highest resolution version of the textures if played from HDD, only the mid-level textures.

Comment

Well, that's that then, I'm not gonna be able to resist uninstalling it and seeing if I can spot any difference playing it from the disc!

Comment

It hasn't looked too bad at all for me, playing from the HDD. That said, some snow textures certainly seem wrong- completely flat white with no detail. I've also come across a few where a texture (or part of a texture) just hasn't appeared at all and there's a blank spot.
                                I cba uninstalling and putting up with the drive noise in the meantime though, what a pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X