No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't break a weapon own if you already know the enchantment that's on it, you only break them to pick up new ones. Also, certain weapons can't be broken down (the ones from the Daedra lord quests, for example), usually quest reward ones.

Comment

I'm getting tons of NPC bugs now and a lot of them are halting quest progression. As well as filling my inventory with items I can't get rid of.

Dara, keep the PC version. At least you can remedy a lot of these problems with console commands. Either that or wait for the GOTY edition.
      Last edited by dataDave; 11-12-2011, 23:45.

Comment

plat'd and shelved

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          it will bring up a menu to choose which soul gem you want to use to fill it with as some with carry more soul than others.
          They all carry one soul, but some are able to carry higher level creatures than others; highest to lowest it's Black (human)->Grand->Greater->Common->Lesser->Petty. Grands can hold any creatures apart from humans, the others are level restricted.

Three more achievements to go in this. Just need to get married, get 1000 bounty in the different areas and find a few more deadric items. I'm quickly running out of things to do now though after blasting through the last of the thieve guild random quests to become leader.

At 136 hours and 302 locations found, the claimed 500 hours I think is pushing it a bit.

Edit - and check this "Unarmed Badass Viking" Skyrim vid, it's a bit, okay a lot, sweary but quite entertaining nonetheless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw
          Last edited by MartyG; 12-12-2011, 09:28.

Comment

None of your quests have ended up broken or unfinishable? I'm fisted with The Companions.

Comment

Of all the quests I've done (and that's well over 100), there are two I've not been able to complete. First is the Blood on the Ice in Windhelm, which is a pre-cursor to being able to buy the house there. I think that's because I completed the Civil War quest line before attempting it. The start won't trigger.

The second is Repairing the Phail - the quest doesn't recognise that I've picked up the Briar's heart, and I think that was because I already had three of them in my inventory at the time.

There are also a couple misc quests that haven't removed themselves from the list despite having completed them, and some of the bard quest items were not removed upon completion which are stuck in inventory.

I also had an issue with the first Mage Guild quest not being able to complete the spell demonstration - that was companion related, when the companion died the quest became unstuck.
              Last edited by MartyG; 12-12-2011, 10:32.

Comment

That Unarmed Badass Viking video is awesome. Guy is pretty funny with his rage and it actually looks like a fun way to play the game.

Comment

Marty, drop a briar heart on the floor and then pick it up. That's what I had to do. Also, save regularely when doing that quest, as that one is now bugged beyond repair for me.

Comment

Tried that already and it didn't help.

Comment

You know, I never see any bugs in these games, Not in Fallout 3, not in New Vegas, Not in Oblivion and not in this...

Im actually quite jealous of the people who get to see all these crazy bugs I've read reports of... I want one of my companions to grow a horses head!

Comment

rmoxon, you must be The Chosen One.

Comment

Lol i'll say, he might want to go buy a lottery ticket while he has that kind of luck

Have had only 2 quests glitch so far, one was fixable the other (Arniel's endevour) is still unfinishable but im sure they will fix them in time. None of the main story ones so far have had any problems so im ok with waiting for fixes.

Finally maxed out my smithing perk tree so all armour/matching weapons are now within in my grasp, well assuming i can find enough daedra hearts to make some of them as so far i have only found 2 hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            You know, I never see any bugs in these games, Not in Fallout 3, not in New Vegas, Not in Oblivion and not in this...

Im actually quite jealous of the people who get to see all these crazy bugs I've read reports of... I want one of my companions to grow a horses head!
                            Not even if the lack of resistances one in the latest patch? You must be playing blindfolded.

I just had a good night of fun regardless... Going around RPing trying to collect as many books and herbs as possible. Glad I'm not fast tracking or I'd have missed so many random encounters. Staying away from quests until they are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Not even if the lack of resistances one in the latest patch? You must be playing blindfolded.

I just had a good night of fun regardless... Going around RPing trying to collect as many books and herbs as possible. Glad I'm not fast tracking or I'd have missed so many random encounters. Staying away from quests until they are fixed.
                              What's a lack of resistances bug? You mean your character isn't resistant to anything? Because that hasn't happened for me, I'm Bastille incredibly resistant to fire as I've used fire spells a lot.

I just never see any of these bugs people talk about at all, they must be a lot more subtle than some people act.

Comment

I had backward flying dragons twice last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X