No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great Xmas game. All the lovely snow everywhere makes up for the lack of it outside in the real world!

Comment

Indeed. This is amazing.

The thing is, every game has game breakers. Many many games are released still having thousands of bugs that were recorded yet were 'won't fixed' due to various reasons, mostly time contraints, and most games are released with hundreds of blockers, believe it or not, all still much much intact, all very likely recorded and all very likely 'wont fixed' by the producers because there is a work around or its not 100% repro. Even crashes. That's just how it is.

But for a game of this sheer scope and scale to be in the state that it is, to have so few low repro game breakers is an incredible achievement. Obviously anyone who experiences any type of glitch has something to moan about because it goes against the quality assurance we all hope to experience, but, we equally should appreciate just what is being achieved.

But anyhoo, blah blah blah. Im annoying myself now.

This is an incredible experience, very Christmassy indeed! Merry Christmas guys
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Absolutely loving this, just as I knew I would. Have amazingly spent 18 hours on it so far since starting it yesterday morning and I've no idea how much of it I've covered.

No real problems so far, other than a single CTD and me somehow falling through the floor in the College library twice. I've also managed to somehow trigger a rather fun glitch where my one use per day abilities seem to work all the time. Using this, I obtained the power of necromancy from one of the birth stones and now have a harem of naked, zombiefied lady mages following me around everywhere XD

Not done too much of the MQ yet, no wild dragons so far. Maybe I ought to trigger them.

Comment

Not very much at 18 hours

Just coming up to 158 hours and have finally taken the last achievement - you've got waaaaaaay further to go.

Comment

Like I say, I only started yesterday and have played none of it so far today (unless you count me playing it at 4.30 this morning) do the math(s)

Just one of the many benefits to buying this game on PC, my laptop now provides me the perfect in-bed entertainment (when I'm not sharing it). Reading is overrated!
            Last edited by Daragon; 26-12-2011, 13:53.

Comment

Finished my Xmas and Boxing Day task of grabbing the last few daedric artefacts I needed to get that achievement. Speaking of which I loved the quest you go on after accepting the

drinking contest, where you wake up and have to traipse around various locations trying to work out what went on after you blacked out. It's like an Elder Scrolls version of The Hangover

I've got a ton of spare cash now from all my dungeon looting so I'm probably going to move myself and the good lady wife to a new home, getting a bit dull living in the house in Whiterun. Not sure where to go yet but I'm leaning towards Markarth as I love the architecture in that city.

My new goal is to clean up the endless list of miscellaneous tasks I've still got to do! Although completing those tasks without getting sidetracked and adding even more to the list is going to be very tough
              Last edited by EJG1980; 26-12-2011, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Not very much at 18 hours

Just coming up to 158 hours and have finally taken the last achievement - you've got waaaaaaay further to go.
                Good grief - I've played this much and don't even have 500 gamerscore on this yet. I'm dragging my heels it seems!

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                Finished my Xmas and Boxing Day task of grabbing the last few daedric artefacts I needed to get that achievement. Speaking of which I loved the quest you go on after accepting the

drinking contest, where you wake up and have to traipse around various locations trying to work out what went on after you blacked out. It's like an Elder Scrolls version of The Hangover

I kind of ruined this quest by simply being married to one of the key NPCs - after innocently triggering a conversation with her in a bid to get some pocket money, she suddenly went off on one about a wedding ring and - BLAM - most of the quest has been bypassed.

Oh, and as for Markarth, my stay there was ruined when the guards just went apesh*t at me and constantly attacked me until I was dead. I had to revert to a previous savepoint to remedy this, but the damage was done. Full of thugs that place.

Comment

Markarth is where my problems began. The guards were stuck in a previously completed quest dialogue which would attempt to send me to Cidhna Mine prison (permanently this time, as all the NPCs you meet on the inside had already escaped with me). This disease spread to all other guard NPCs throughout the entire game, with Storm Cloaks attacking non-guard NPCs as I was in allegiance with them. So beware of that.

I would never have ended up in Markarth so early in the first place if it wasn't for the drinking contest mentioned above.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 27-12-2011, 02:41.

Comment

I'm loving the style and game setting, but just can't seem to get on or into the game sadly . At the moment its all a bit disappointing with all the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      I'm loving the style and game setting, but just can't seem to get on or into the game sadly . At the moment its all a bit disappointing with all the hype.
                      Can I ask Why?

Comment

Still loving it since release day. I still avoid fast travel and my trusy steed helps me get point to point. I got totally side tracked on the way to a quest and 4 hours later I still hadn't started the original quest I set out for!

Comment

I'm the opposite. I really love the setting and all the intrigue and I so desperately want to get into it as if it's an MMO, however around 15 out of my 60 total game hours have been spent pissing around trying to suss out glitch work-arounds and repeat/avoid duff quests. I don't have that kind of time to waste these days.

Bollocks to that... I'm downloading Oblivion right now with the two expanions. Let's see what that's like whilst they fix this mess.

Comment

15 hours of wasted time? Me thinks that's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm sure half your problems have been carried over in your save from playing the unpatched 1.0 version of the game.

I'd have given up playing with 15 hours of (unworkable)workarounds.

Comment

Is skyrim still broken then? Seems ok to me. I'd best look it all up to make sure I don't fall into any glitch traps.

Comment

Thankfully I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs yet in just under 100 hours of game time. One dragon flying backwards and a non-existent giant meaning I can't complete a couple of misc objectives, but I've been just about bug free apart from that. Still haven't got around to the main quest or most of the guild quests yet, so maybe I'll encounter more glitches when I get around to those, but hopefully not!

I solved my house decision in the only sensible way: I bought the house in Solitude and the one in Markarth The fancy house in Solitude for me and the wife, the one in Markarth as my manly, macho, slightly homoerotic battle den for me and my butch housecarl.

Comment

Working...
                                X