The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
    You haven't bought the game yet? Game of the year without question. What are you waiting for.
    Game crippling bugs to get ironed out. I still remember the horror of New Vegas on launch with the entering Vegas blackscreen bug in which you had to kill a cowboy wear his hat and walk backwards to get in without the game crashing.

Comment

Thats shocking but quite funny as well.

I am missing skyrim due to work commitments at the moment, cant to wait to get back to it and forget all my troubles.

I find skyrim as a very relaxing game, does anyone else find this ?.

Comment

Yeah it is relaxing.

I tried from the beginning never to use fast travel however it really is almost impossible to not use due to the distances sometimes you're requested to travel and not enough time to play it.
        Though getting on your horse and riding to place to place is really good.

Comment

I find when I'm trekking from one place to the other that I'll just get my stomp on and mong out whilst reflecting on things such as work and life whilst the known road passes me by on the way, much like I did in real life back home before being treated to a really good MRT system here.

Never used the fast-travel once in Skyrim, when I'm abusing it like crazy in Oblivion. Even my GF complains at all the loading screens, saying I'm 'cheating'.

Comment

I found Skrim relaxing too, and that feeling was accentuated tenfold coming from a solid month playing Dark Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
              Yeah it is relaxing.

I tried from the beginning never to use fast travel however it really is almost impossible to not use due to the distances sometimes you're requested to travel and not enough time to play it.
              Though getting on your horse and riding to place to place is really good.
              I need to buy a horse. That will be my focus this evening when I get chance for a game. Apart from the odd blast on the 3DS this is the only game I played since its release.

Comment

Maybe you all thought Skyrim couldn't get better? You were wrong

Comment

Proper mansize, lag-busting, quest-fixing patch incoming: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tailed-in-full

Hope it does exactly what it says on the tin. Now, needs to find a cheap ps3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                    Maybe you all thought Skyrim couldn't get better? You were wrong

i think you meant this mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      Proper mansize, lag-busting, quest-fixing patch incoming: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tailed-in-full

Hope it does exactly what it says on the tin. Now, needs to find a cheap ps3 version.
                      That's still only about half of the quests sorted I can think of off the top of my head. Looks like I'll wait a bit longer before I start again.

Comment

So, been playing Skyrim daily since X-Mas eve...
                        SPOILERS.....

Reached Alduin (I'm guessing about halfway through the main story) couldn't beat him with my crappy weapons so went off and started racking up achievements, got Deadric Armour (not actually an achievement itself) got married, leveled up etc etc. I'm currently on level 26 with 21/50 achievements (X360) but as great as the game is, it's full of bugs. One of the most annoying is the Vilkas (Companions member) bug. Whenever you are near the Companions base in Whiterun, he will draw his sword and run after you constantly engaging you in conversation forcing you to turn and face him as if you have engaged him. It's really annoying and even after downloading the latest patch a couple of nights ago the Vilkas glitch is still there!?

1) Why did Bethesda release a game full of bugs? Did no one play test it? As my first Elder Scroll I love it. the freedom, beauty of the landscape and size of the gameworld is gargantuan, the story telling is really well done and the level of immersion is unrivalled. But it is also the most bug filled game I have ever played. 2) Why is the Vilkas bug still not fixed?!! I married Camilla Valerius (Riverwood Trader). Strangely she just vanished once we were married. I went back to the Riverwood Trader where she said I could live with her since I did not have a house yet. But they only had one shared room upstairs and I did not want to have to wait until her brother fell asleep at night until we could start rutting.

So anyway I go off to start making money for a house. I join the Companions in Whiterun & join the circle of blood to become a Werewolf (which is seriously awesome). I guess I'd been spending quite a bit of time with the companions and my sidekick Aela the Huntress, so I figured I should go visit the misses and let her know how I'm getting on. I return to Riverwood and theres a Dragon attacking, I head into the RWTrader and Camilla and her brother have blades drawn and are shouting threats in the direction of the dragon despite the fact they are indoors and can't even see it through the stonewalls. 3) Can anyone tell me is this a bug? It seems like one? Camilla would not even acknowledge me. I couldn't tell if she was doing it out of spite because of how much time I had been spending with the Companions and Aela.

Anyway I go outside and kill the dragon and upon slaying it find Camilla lying dead next to it!

4) Is Camilla destined/programed to die this way no matter how you play the game? This was the 11th dragon I had slayed btw. I know I had not seen her since we had wed but that was only about one Skyrim week. I was saving money for our home but now I learn online that you have to own a house first otherwise Camilla will not move in with you. I thought we had something special- a real connection, and then the stupid wench goes attacking a dragon armed only with a dagger. As I stripped her body of it's clothes and wedding ring I felt sad about the fact we never got to consumate the marriage and wished Skyrim allowed you to hump corpses. 5) Can you actually have sex in this game as you can in Fable? and 6) Can I re-marry?
                        Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 20-01-2012, 13:08.

Comment

^ seriously, I laughed then! On the bright side: if the game wasn't such a cluster**** of bugs you wouldn't be able to write such a great comedy post!

Comment

You can't have sex in Skyrim. You can marry again.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                              It's really annoying and even after downloading the latest patch a couple of nights ago the Vilkas glitch is still there!?
                              The fixes won't be retroscopic, so be prepared to begin a new save file in order for a truly clean start before you notice any changes, hence why I won't be playing for a good few months yet.

The next patch due for early next month (1.4) doesn't even have Vilkas mentioned in the patch notes, or the whole Markarth debacle post Cidhna Mines. God knows how long it's going to take for them to get around to these amends.

Comment

Thought the patch was due on the 25th of this month? PC version seems to be anyway.

Really looking forward to spending some time with the Construction Kit and seeing what this steam workshop offers!

Comment

Working...
                                X