No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the textures look fine too me, is it only affecting some people?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      All the textures look fine too me, is it only affecting some people?
      It only effects the game if you have it installed. The game has been developed in a way that it needs to use the 360's memory cache a lot and apparently it doesn't do it as much as it should when the game is installed or something like that.

Comment

Ok I uninstalled the game and it fixed the menu problem which I'm really glad about.

The game still doesn't look that good though.

Comment

I've gone down the magic route in this. Seems wise after keeping it strictly melee in Dark Souls. The fact that you can cast two spells simultaneously is blowing my mind, and even simple things like the sudden fizz of my magic infused hands when they pop up on screen is quite cool.

I've noticed flame magic can ignite puddles of oil and such...does that mean my spark magic is mega effective when shot at water?

Absolutely loving this now anyway. It really turns special when you're just wandering about. The wealth of events, characters and secrets you stumble upon is quite amazing.

It looks pretty dreamy to me, and the odd murky looking texture on a rock does nothing to detract from the outstanding world design and ambient detail. Whiterun being my visual highlight so far with those plumes of torchlight smoke drifting into the starry sky. Magical.
          Last edited by crocky-chocky; 12-11-2011, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Ok I uninstalled the game and it fixed the menu problem which I'm really glad about.

The game still doesn't look that good though.
            I've got it installed.....

Comment

I must say, I've been playing less and less games as of late - not out of some 'modern games are rubbish' mentality, but because I've just been losing interest. Other, more important things going on in life etc.

But Skyrim has sucked me back in head-first. Every time I leave the house to study, or work, I'd thinking about what I intend to do next in the game, planning my next step. I've not felt like this about a game since... Oblivion.

Comment

I've noticed that when inside characters may or may not cast shadows depending on location. Seems random? Also npcs will talk over the top of each other. Oh well, it is Bethesda

Comment

We can confirm that both Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Map Included] - 360 (FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE) (Preorder) and Assassin's Creed Revelations - 360 (Region Free) (Preorder) [SPECIAL ONLINE PRICE] are region free.

From Videogamesplus

Comment

just started the ps3 version, lovely so far and runs nice to.

Comment

Playing the 360 version, installed to HDD, I'm not sure about this graphics issue. While outdoor areas look great, some indoor stuff looks ropey, such as pilars, chairs and tables. But with a 3.8GB install size I wouldn't expect miracles, so is it really a problem? Have there been comparision shots. I tried it running from the disc also, made no difference.

Anyway, the game. After a so-so-start of it being all open-worldy, I have just had what I would call my first Elder scrolls moment! Just finished the

Bleak Falls Barrow area

and bloody loved every minute of it! Is more of the game like this, using structured and focused game areas? (I'm not too hot on all the open world stuff in games generally).

Comment

I delete the disc data on everyone's reccomendation, I couldn't see the difference. It looked just as good as it did.

I'd like to see some comparison shots as I'm fairly certain it isn't happening to me.

Comment

ah man, wowowowow. Just climbed to the highest point I could see. Once up there just stood still, panning 360 degrees in all directions and looked back at the point i just wandered through. What a wow moment.

I also have to say how awesome the third person animations are! First time EVER in an Elder Scrolls game I'm, actually wanting to play in third person. My dude looks so cool

Bloody loving this.
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Glad to see they've got 2 voices actors doing the cast of 100's this time. I swear I just heard maurice lamarche, the voice actor of [pinky and] the Brain / nibbler from futurama.
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-11-2011, 22:12.

Comment

Since ive been running this on my USB stick the textures have been fine. No slow down or even screen tearing. Looks stunning in places

If you cant get the textures to work off the disk or HDD like me, i recommend giving it a go.

Comment

Can anyone give some more impressions of the pc version?

Comment

Working...
                                X