The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Did they ever get this running reasonable on PS2?
    Not quite Mart.

A bloke at work never shuts up about playing the PS3 version though - can't be that broken now.

Comment

Just picked this up again in the Steam Weekend sale for the measly sum of ?3, no way I'm doing it all againbut for that price it's worth it just to faff with the mods.

Comment

It's ?2.49 actually, nuts! Buying it too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Not quite Mart.

A bloke at work never shuts up about playing the PS3 version though - can't be that broken now.
          Whoops! I need to grab this again. Had it on the 360. Liked the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Just picked this up again in the Steam Weekend sale for the measly sum of ?3, no way I'm doing it all againbut for that price it's worth it just to faff with the mods.
            I've just spent an entire six weeks perfecting my mod list, how about I just zip it all up and put it on Google Drive for you?

Comment

Well after 223 hours, I'm done. Finished all of the main quests, all of the thief, mage, companion, assassin quests and the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions. Wow as I think I said previously for all of it's faults, this is a great game, and what a looker it is - I've got a fairly ordinary PC but this game looks lush.

Because I did about 200 hours grinding before doing the main quest, it was a bit (very) easy even though I only finished up at level 66, but I am an old power gamer at heart so I don't mind too much. DLC were pretty good, I reckon I spent most time building my various houses and crafting!

I've got 6 achievements to go, but I don't think I will revisit and finish. Although I am tempted to play through as a mage.....I used about 5 spells throughout the game, same as Oblivion used heal and light the most out of anything, my awesome sword prowess was too good for any foe in the game - my character wasn't as kick arse as my Oblivion one but was pretty damn close and riding the dragons was a nice touch.

Looking forward to for the next one - it can't be that far off surely?

Comment

i was through with the main quest on my 360 long ago. but i am thinking of eventually returning to the PC version which i have picked up cheap on Steam, which DLC is the best to take on first and, in case you set up any mods, which mods would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                  i was through with the main quest on my 360 long ago. but i am thinking of eventually returning to the PC version which i have picked up cheap on Steam, which DLC is the best to take on first and, in case you set up any mods, which mods would you recommend?
                  I'd definitely do the vampire one first, in the very least it stops the random vampire attacks in the cities which causes mayhem on the NPCs. I was fairly high level before I did it, it was fairly easy but some good quests and some cool loot. TBH I only used about 3 weapons in the entire game, the Mace of Malag Bal for about 60% and Windshear for about 35% and finally the Dragonbane. And once I'd crafted and custom enchanted my dragon mail armour, I didn't use any other armour - nothing came remotely close in terms of armour or abilities. I used the water breathing mask a lot as well for underwater exploration.

Comment

ps I didn't use any mods - I'm too much a noob when it comes to mods.

Comment

thanks! i am also a noob but there a good guides available how to install the mods. i have seen videos of graphics mods which look simply awesome.

Comment

I would do the vampire/vampire hunter DLC first too - it's pretty awesome. Just dropping in to share some love for this game...I did the same as you Finsbury girl, around 230 odd hours play, except I skipped the Companions (but did everything else).

Bring on TES 6. Shame it is probably many years away as they usually release a Fallout first.

Comment

I really need to start this!

Comment

If anything the Unofficial Skyrim Patches need installing, as well as Skyrim Project Optimisation. They fix hundreds of game/save/quest breaking bugs which still exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              Well after 223 hours, I'm done. Finished all of the main quests, all of the thief, mage, companion, assassin quests and the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions. Wow as I think I said previously for all of it's faults, this is a great game, and what a looker it is - I've got a fairly ordinary PC but this game looks lush.

Because I did about 200 hours grinding before doing the main quest, it was a bit (very) easy even though I only finished up at level 66, but I am an old power gamer at heart so I don't mind too much. DLC were pretty good, I reckon I spent most time building my various houses and crafting!

I've got 6 achievements to go, but I don't think I will revisit and finish. Although I am tempted to play through as a mage.....I used about 5 spells throughout the game, same as Oblivion used heal and light the most out of anything, my awesome sword prowess was too good for any foe in the game - my character wasn't as kick arse as my Oblivion one but was pretty damn close and riding the dragons was a nice touch.

Looking forward to for the next one - it can't be that far off surely?
                              Jeez, I completed all standard game quest lines, got the full base game 50 achievements and completed dawngaurd by mid 2012 and was done with the game.

Mind you, I did play at least 5 hours a day for six months straight. I'm hoping Witcher 3 does not similarly derail my life.

Comment

Rise from your grave again!

We've been playing Skyrim on Switch. At least, Brad and I have. It's good! Runs really well on Switch and the game is massive and immersive and a time sink... not sure that's all good but I'm really enjoying it!

That's all for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X