No announcement yet.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel it is a lame and crippled Zelda game because they felt they had to include the stupid controller.

I f they had just made it with a normal controller in mind I think they would have made a better game.

Comment

BTW this game does not use the sensor bar at all, everything is determined by the accelerometers in the Wii remote. Wherever you point the remote while equipping an item such as the bow will be your central point, even if it is the wall or the ceiling. You can play through the entire game without pointing at the TV if you so choose.

Reading this thread again has made me want to play through Hero mode, may give it a whirl next week during my week off.

Comment

I really need to pick this up again... I've not played it since Feb/March - it just totally sank off my radar.

Shame, because when I played Twilight Princess I almost forgot to eat sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Yeah thought so. Which again helps to highlight what a pity it was that the Wii couldn't at least output 720p. Even more a shame that the Wii U wont upscale.
          The vividness/saturation of the colours actually doesn't have much to do with SD vs HD.

With a bigger resolution, you get better chroma resolution too, which could make HD images look perceptibly more colourful, but there's not much in it.

Quick info on colour gamut:

The colour gamut defines how saturated the colours are, and what hue (tint) they are: blood red, red wine red, pinky red, etc.

For HDTV, the same colour gamut (Rec.709) is used worldwide.

For SD, the EBU gamut was used in all PAL countries, and also with NTSC in Japan. This gamut is basically the same as HDTV - green is slightly different.

For SD in USA/Canada the gamut was SMPTE-C. It was slightly different to the HDTV gamut. This is why you see American sources (and, erroneously, a lot of European ones!) claim that HDTV has "better colours". True in many American contexts, but rarely in Europe.

Of course, this assumes we're talking about accurately calibrated TVs. Most people don't have their TVs set up so the colour is going to be wrong anyway.

Sorry, couldn't resist a technical brain fart!

Comment

Lol interesting reading!

I'm not going to pretend for a second I know anything about tvs but in the limited experience I do have, my CRT makes my Wii look stunning and vivid but any Wii i've seen on a HD set looks out of focus and a little washed out.

Comment

Interesting, and I can well believe that. The thick scan lines on a CRT are good at fooling the eye into making blurry sources underneath seem quite sharp. On a flat panel display, it's warts and all!

Comment

Get it running on Dolphin and stare at your wii games in 1080p glory and awe .

I really need to get back to this, Diablo 3 keeps eating up my time .

Comment

The number of people saying they need to 'go back' to a Zelda is a tell tale sign for me too.

That never used to happen!

Comment

To me that shows people prefer games with obscene amount of checkpoints to help you through of games where you can play online against loads of randoms to boots your XP levels.

I honestly feel gamers have become lazy and spoilt. They play something for a couple of weeks maximum then move onto the next thing, never to return. The only things that do survive are things with online components because nobody can bare to miss out on what others are doing.

Comment

I have been playing a fair bit of this over the weekend and am up to the part where

I have learnt to swim

, to give you an idea of how far in I am.
                      Mini review of the main points!
                      + Nunchuck control for the shield works perfectly for me every time. In fact I really enjoy countering shots in this.
                      + Flying controls with the bird are also fun to use (if a little unnecessary), only tricky part was learning how to flap the wings properly to gain height without steering off course.
                      + Forward thrust stab attack is very satisfying and again I have no problem performing it.
                      + Puzzles and new abilities are well thought out.
                      + Enemy designs and bosses (excluding first one) are also great and fun to fight.

- Every now and then no matter what I do Link will perform a diagonal slash instead of a horizontal one. It's frustrating as I said before but I can forgive it and ignore.
                      - Graphics can go a wee bit odd sometimes. As mentioned by you guys it is probably from playing on a large LCD screen.
                      - Motion controls for flying were fine yet

motion controls for swimming seem pointless

- When collecting a bug/item after loading up your save it shows the item going in your collections every time. Surely after seeing it happen once the game should remember.
                      - First boss was confusing and frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                        - Motion controls for flying were fine yet

motion controls for swimming seem pointless

- When collecting a bug/item after loading up your save it shows the item going in your collections every time. Surely after seeing it happen once the game should remember.
                        Agree with both of those completely.

Comment

To me that shows people prefer games with obscene amount of checkpoints to help you through of games where you can play online against loads of randoms to boots your XP levels.

I honestly feel gamers have become lazy and spoilt. They play something for a couple of weeks maximum then move onto the next thing, never to return. The only things that do survive are things with online components because nobody can bare to miss out on what others are doing.
                          Nah for me it was that I had a load of uni hand ins, then Diablo 3 came out... nothing to do with the quality of Skyward Sword/checkpoints, I actually really like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                            This was a complete load of bull**** in Twilight Princess too, where it would do the whole animation and text screen for each amount of rupee you picked up every time you went back to the game. Get rid of that ****.

Comment

I honestly feel gamers have become lazy and spoilt. They play something for a couple of weeks maximum then move onto the next thing, never to return.
                              So you are under the impression people think the game is too hard? you seem determined to place people who dislike this game into the automated uncharted type games, do it for you gameplay camp.
                              Last edited by 'Press Start'; 04-06-2012, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                                So you are under the impression people think the game is too hard? you seem determined to place people who dislike this game into the automated uncharted type games, do it for you gameplay camp.
                                Actually no, this has plenty of checkpoints to be fair. Nothing wrong with Uncharted either, it does what it does very well, entertainment. I do believe though, more and more people are playing games and just wanting them done as soon as possible, especially in single player mode. Too few checkpoints or areas where it is tricky to navigate and you can due and people give up easily so devs just spoon feed instead.
                                Not aimed at anyone on here really, just my feelings on it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X