Monster Hunter Tri G (J-3DS) - DEMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter Tri G (J-3DS) - DEMO

Identical format to previous MH demos - 2 monsters to choose from and set gear to use.In 2D looks very good, definitely better than the PSP games. I actually forgot it wasn't 3D though it just looked so good.In 3D it's brilliant.Been into using the bow recently on 3rdHD so thought I would start there. Jim, I don't know where you heard the controls weren't very good as I felt they were EXACTLY on par with 3rdHD. Dodging with the usual level of skill from 1000+ hours experience with the series.Loving the touch screen pouch interface, very easy to use. The touch screen camera controls were fine too, although the only downside is the grease that'll get on the screen but meh.Will be trying another weapon now!Just so you know, it's playable 30 times (of booting up I'm thinking) - NOT for 30 days.
    Last edited by kryss; 09-12-2011, 01:05.

It was mainly the controls for the hunting bow. For claw users, it becomes problematic (so I've heard) where you use the d-pad for precision aim. If they swapped the placements for the analog nub and D-pad, then the problem would be solved. There's an auto aim functionality so I gather.

Comment

The d-pad works fine, people are just silly. Haven't used the auto aim yet.

Comment

So this would be my first dabbling with Monster Hunter (despite buying Portable 3rd HD), and despite taking a bit too long to work out the controls, I enjoyed it a lot. Just looked at prices though, is the slide pad really ?50 extra?!

Comment

Hell no! $20 is what I'm paying!

Also, loving the load times on this compared with Tri! 1/20th the time!

Comment

Fuse, you should add me, Jim and MisterBubbles on PSN and join us for a hunt sometime! PSN- stevenwalker (my J-account).

Comment

Yesasia are charging $79.99 for the game and $159.99 for the slide pad pack, and Play-Asia are saying they've allocated all pre-orders of the pack. Argh! Are you guys still playing 3rd HD?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Are you guys still playing 3rd HD?
                Pretty much the only game I play with these days, with a side order of Dark Souls. Add me!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Yesasia are charging $79.99 for the game and $159.99 for the slide pad pack, and Play-Asia are saying they've allocated all pre-orders of the pack. Argh! Are you guys still playing 3rd HD?
                  モンスターハンター3(トライ)G (Japan, NTSC J) Release date Dec 12, 2011 pre 1 US$ 64.99 (~68.99 CAD)
                  Nintendo 3DS Expansion Slide Pad (Japan) Release date Dec 12, 2011 pre 1 US$ 18.90 (~20.06 CAD)
                  That's what I pre-ordered as soon as it went up. The slide pad is now 24.99 and the game 74.99. I REALLY hope they get it out to me on the ACTUAL release date of Dec 10th rather than that nonsense date, otherwise my week off work will have been messed up and I'll just have to play 3rdHD all week instead

I've gone back to 3rdHD as I haven't given it enough time. Will be on for most of tomorrow!

Comment

I got my slider pad (not that it'll be much use likely) from fleabay for about ?28

Comment

I'm going to try both (with/without) and see which feels better. Playing without it isn't too bad.

Comment

This is region locked I assume, or is there a funky trick to playing other region demos on the 3ds yet?

Comment

I actually read this thread title then foolishy went to download it off the 3DS store :P

Comment

I'll change the title. Still more than a little unfair that there are no demos outside of Japan.

Comment

Yep UK last thought again
                              Can't see any reason that the demos couldn't have been worldwide but then again ill bet it will be region oriented playable UK demo of asphalt LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X