PES 2012 3DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PES 2012 3DS

I went in Game today and spotted this in the 3DS chart section marked down from 39.99 to 24.99. I hadn't even realised it was due out and double checked it was new and not 2011 as the box is very similar.

Loads of new modes and features in this that make it a huge upgrade over 11. The killer new feature is online play. This was sorely lacking in the previous PES but more glaringly abscent in FIFA 12 on 3DS. Along with online there is also new Copa club tournament, career mode, be a pro mode and new touch control option.

I fired it up and went straight for baptism of fire online. I was suprised to find I got an opponent imediately. The online in F1 was a wasteland and feared the same with this. I played a quick game with a Spanish guy who destroyed me 4-0 but the match was super smooth with no lag. The graphics are a little sharper than last year but the sound is much better. The commentary is improved and some nice chant variations. Also noteworthy is the default set up has your strategy selection on the touchscreen. There are pictures of your manager holding his arms in different ways to represent each strategy such as holding or counter attack. These butons take up the whole bottom screen with the map being moved to the top screen. The map is tiny and only really serves as a distraction now as it hovers above the action and is too small to be of tactical use.
    This brings me onto the menu presentation. Last years PES font in the options was small but this year its tiny. I was struggling to read some of the text. It's almost like running an emulated game meant for a big screen on a small screen.

Overall though this is the definitive footy game on 3DS. If you can pick it up for 25 quid then go for it. If anyone picks it up and fancies a match let me know. I will update this with my freind code.
    One last thing, I was playing againt Juve in 3D camera mode and they took a shot which bounced off the crossbar straight out of the screen. I actually blinked the pop out effect was so effective. By far the furthest I have seen an object come out of the 3DS screen!

Gameplay the same as last year(s)?

Also, any new further away camera angles? I find the Wide cam still to close. I know it's not changed over the years, but being used to the further away option on PS3 and the custom cam options of Fifa, I have become used to seeing much more of the pitch these days.

Not a fan of the behind the player cams.

Comment

The pitch side camera looks to me like it is further away. The 3d behind player cam seems better in this year's game too.
      Gamplay wise its very similar. There is the touch control options which I have not tried yet. They are not on by default so they may be gimmicky. It's a much better game than FIFA and PES 11. The penalty box action is a lot more lively and exciting and as I said online play is a whole new ball game, forgiving the pun

Comment

Working...
      X