Final Fantasy XIII-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Well I have had this on for the first hour or two and can say its better than 13. It really starts with a great big bang with an enjoyable sequence that is packed with Cinematic action sequences (QTE's) have not gone too far so can't comment fully but it does seem less linear although that may be an illusion I have seen some of the Live triggers they seem kind of pointless an don't do much (yet) I have also meen introduced to the mog clock which is the new variable random battle system it's an improvement as it gives you a chance to escape or cause a preemptive strike, I'm impressed so far will report back after more playtime
    Finally Pointless
    0%
    Final Fantasy
    0%

You playing the 360 or PS3 version mate?

Comment

PS3 version

Comment

I know your still at the early stages, but would you say you would need to play ff 13 first before this one? I lost interest and stopped about a 6th of the way into ff 13, and I dunno if I have the patience to see that game through now... Well, not with how addicted I am to dark souls at the mo'

Comment

You don't there is a full section in the menu where you can recap the whole story from ff13

Comment

How do the battles hold up? In the demo they went on and on and one for ages so much that I got bored and turned it off. FF battles (bosses aside) need to be frequent but relatively brief.

Comment

I didn't care too much for the demo battles either, did they follow the same style as 13 as I've yet to play that and was completely in the dark. There was a mech type enemy I just couldn't damage because I had nothing that would stagger it.

Comment

So far I have had no battle that has lasted past 2-3 minutes but that is probably due to where I am but seem fine, battling can be as frequent or as rare as you want due to the mog clock most I have had so far could be avoided if I wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  How do the battles hold up? In the demo they went on and on and one for ages so much that I got bored and turned it off. FF battles (bosses aside) need to be frequent but relatively brief.
                  I thought this too, but then I realised that i was just a bit rusty with the battle system, I played the demo through again and the battles were over very quickly.

Having said that I am still not sure about this, FFXIII was a funny one, I completed it and to this day I feel like I will play it again somtime, yet while playing it I was disapointed by it. Im not sure how it was so bad yet actually really good at the same time...

Also, going from the demo I would suggest people get the PS3 version of this if they can, the 360 version had a pretty poor framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    I thought this too, but then I realised that i was just a bit rusty with the battle system, I played the demo through again and the battles were over very quickly.

Having said that I am still not sure about this, FFXIII was a funny one, I completed it and to this day I feel like I will play it again somtime, yet while playing it I was disapointed by it. Im not sure how it was so bad yet actually really good at the same time...
                    I would say gran pulse saved it.. Just

Comment

Ooo just started it up for second time it does a deadly premonition story recap that's a nice feature

Comment

I still haven't tried the demo of this!

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                          I would say gran pulse saved it.. Just
                          Yeah, that was the best bit of the game, I gather from what people are saying that the entierity of this game is like Gran Pulse? thats a massive plus if true.

One thing I didnt like about the demo of this was the battle camera, I cant remember every battle in the first game having a camera that was so close to the action. I couldnt actually see what was happening in the battles.

Comment

The camera seems to be movable so far and I'm only 3 hours in but it does seem to be like the gran pulse area of ff13

Comment

I think its just that area really, because I didn't feel the camera was too up close during the first battle...

I'm dreading playing the demo part again... I found it weirdly boring, I played it back during the Eurogamer Expo and I guess because I've read impressions of it before that and seen videos too, its gotten a little old...

EDIT: moved post to shipping and arrivals thread.
                              Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 02-02-2012, 05:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X